Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Extra charges when it shouldnt

Melih
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have upgraded my phone contract via live chat and on there i have been told that because i have 500 eu minutes, i can ring Turkey, so i rang Turkey and i have been charged extra. I rang customer service explained the situation first thing they tell me is that my upgrade was made over the phone which it wasnt because i know i have done it on live chat, second thing they say okay we gonna check your chat and ring you back, i spoke with 2 person and both didnt ring me back, so my bill is due and still extra charges are there and top late payment fees which shouldnt be my fault as i have been told i can ring Turkey. I been with vodafone over 2 years now i think and never rang Turkey knownly its gonna charge me, but because i been told i can so i did. And just today spoke with someone else, proper rude he is argueing with me its not live chat and i told him okay then listen to phone conversations if it was phone conversation. And unrestrict my calls because i paid extra last month anyways usually 55 a month i paid 80 odd and refuse to pay rest until this situation has been sorted, if this doesnt get solved i am never advising anyone to go on vodafone again. Customer service department dont even ring you back or ##~## all they want is the money that i have been charged extra

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Melih 

If you have been give international minutes with a Red Entertainment plan this is only for when you are roaming outside of the UK, not for calling overseas number from the UK.  

Please see this link: How do international minutes work with Red Entertainment plans?

Also further information here: Vodafone Global Roaming Plus

@anns I do understand that now i have been charged but when i made the contract on live chat, I have been told i can ring Turkey which thats why i rang Turkey and i have been charged extra, been with Vodafone over 2 years and never rang Turkey because i know it would charge but because when i made the contract i have been told by one of the live chat team thats why i rang Turkey

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Melih I'm sorry that this has happened and you've received conflicting information regarding calling abroad, I understand how frustrating this must be, especially now you've received additional charges for this. So we're able to take a closer look into this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.