Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fake or genuine email??

stedge2019
3: Seeker

Your account has been suspended Account number: *************

Hello Unfortunately we've had to suspend your account as you currently have an overdue balance of £81.95. Please get in touch immediately to pay this amount. How to pay Making a payment is easy - just follow one of the steps below: Pay by phone
Call 191 (free from any Vodafone mobile) or 0333 304 0191 from any other phone (standard call charges apply). Pay online
Visit www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone and select 'Make a payment' in the My Vodafone menu. What happens next? If we don't hear from you we'll need to start taking steps to collect the outstanding balance. We'll also need to report your debt to credit reference agencies. This means you may find it difficult to get loans, credit cards and other phone contracts in the future. We want to help If you're struggling to pay, it's still really important you contact us so we can talk through your options. Please call us on 0333 304 0191 - we're available every day from 8am to 8pm (standard call charges apply). We've worked with many customers to arrange payment plans that work for them and we're really keen to do the same for you. Kind regards

The Collections Team

Please don't reply to this email as your message won't come through

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @stedge2019 

First thing I'd do is go into your myvodafone and check your account there. I assume you have a Vodafone Pay Monthly Contract and has the payment been direct debited from your account.

Personally I wouldn't use a link from an email or text message to log into my account even if it's genuine.

191 is customer services for Vodafone UK from a Vodafone Mobile and the landline is correct too.

So this could be genuine.

It's vitally important to check with Vodafone quickly in regards to this as they can and will sell debts to collection agencies and then add a default that lasts for 6 years on your Credit File which they wont remove if it's a warranted default even if you then pay the outstanding amount.

You can also use Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams  who have account access.

All avenues to contact Vodafone are in 》 contact-us. 

Please act now.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply. The issues I have are that I haven't had an account since September. I assume my accounts been closed as I can't log in, when I called them the man was rude and arrogant because  I can't remember my pin, a pin I may have used once 4 years ago. No idea why they don't write to me and address a personal letter with the details of what they claim I owe them so I can sort it out. If they are helpful I can work out what's owed and pay it. They have a very bad attitude and how they can send an email not addressed to me or relating to a phone number, it can only be the phone number as I had nothing else with them. I offered them all my personal details but they wouldn't talk to me unless I remembered my pin. Really unhappy with the way the guy some to me like I was some criminal when all I was trying to do was sort out the issue. I will find time to go into the local store and sort things out how we used to 20 years ago and not use modern technology like phone or internet to sort this out with them..

BandOfBrothers

The Vodafone Agent is duty bound to ensure they are talking to the rightful account holder and as such a person does have to pass security checks however the agent should remain professional and the account owner remain polite.

The Vodafone Highstreet Store wont be able to help with this situation apart from let you use their in house phone @stedge2019 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You are absolutely right about passing security checks and I offered plenty of other options to.confirm my identity and pass the security check but he wanted the pass code which I don't have. I can't log in to the account as it must now be closed. Even if I could log in they would want to text my mobile a verification code which is no longer active with Vodafone. You would also think they should address any correspondence to me personally as well and not just a "hello" at the start of the email. Also why not write to me at my home address, that's what other companies do when money is owed, this whole approach from vodafone is wrong and unprofessional

hrym

t this stage, I think your best bet is to speak to the Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter.   They should be able to find your account from other personal information.   If there is no longer a login, it's possible the account has been closed but that there is still an outstanding balance (did you perhaps cancel a Direct Debit before the final payment had been taken?).   You'll be able to clear this before it becomes an issue with your credit score - though it would be worth also asking whether a late payment has already been logged.

So today I called the premium rate 0333 number again and waited patiently for none of the options to be relevant to my situation not even a "hold for further assistance". Eventually got through to someone by pressing any option tht may make them take the call, he had appalling language skills and after checking now says he cant help me as the mobile number i have is invalid and also the account number quoted by vodafone on the email they sent me saying I owe money is also invalid, he did offer to call me back at some point on the number that i no longer use but after some discussion i convinced him (i think) to call me on the correct number i now use, all i really want to do is pay them for anything i owe them, how hard can that be VODAFONE!! I have now explained all to Vodafone on Messenger (social media) to see if they are more capable of helping and waiting a reply.......

hrym

Without account access, this is a difficult one to diagnose, but it sounds as though the account may have been closed, as you say, but that there is an outstanding balance - did you perhaps cancel a direct debit as well?   That would explain why the frontline agent couldn't see the details.

You say that you've posted on social media, and your best bet is to wait for a response there.   The team will be able to investigate offline and get a definitive answer.

stedge2019

Thanks for the reply. The issues I have are that I haven't had an account since September. I assume my accounts been closed as I can't log in, when I called them the man was rude and arrogant because  I can't remember my pin, a pin I may have used once 4 years ago. No idea why they don't write to me and address a personal letter with the details of what they claim I owe them so I can sort it out. If they are helpful I can work out what's owed and pay it. They have a very bad attitude towards customers who don't have an existing account with them. 

stedge2019

Just an update. The social media team helped me and sorted it out. They rang me and took payment so all okay now. It has however left a bitter taste and I won't be using vodafone ever again. I can't handle the 191 number and the poor staff and attitude they have. The social media team were much better and were actually helpful. Worth knowing for anyone that needs assistance from Vodafone use social media avoid 191 at all costs.......