Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Faulty iPhone 7 plus

Camlan
1: Seeker

The camera on my 3 month old iPhone 7 plus froze and despite trying all the software resets would not work. On referral to Vodafone repairs by my local store it was returned and worked for 30 minutes, I was advised that the repairs department could not find a fault and, following various Vodafone employees passing the buck including the useless complaints department, that the phone would need to be returned 3 times to the repair centre before a replacement would be agreed. Given the circumstances I refused this option.

Only way forward appeared to be a visit to Apple so I arranged an appointment and undertook a 100 mile round trip to the nearest store. Within 5 minutes a hardware fault was identified and a replacement phone provided. That Vodafone is customer service as it should be and you should hang your heads in shame. When my 2 contracts are up you will lose a customer of over 20 years standing and you will deserve to.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I have to agree @Camlan Apple know how to deliver customer support and customer service. 

Always been the key point why I used to buy from Apple. 

Well done Apple. 

Vodafone themselves have their own faulty repair process to follow. 

When an issue exists I'm the first to start advising to go to the manufacturer as a first option as they know their hardware and software better than any repair centre. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@Camlan I'm glad to hear your phone has now been replaced and can only apologise for the issues you faced with this. 

I'll make sure to pass on your feedback regarding this, to help improve our customer service in the future.