Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Final Bill/Leaving Letter

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

I cancelled my contract on 3rd December 2017 by using my PAC code and porting my number to GiffGaff. Since then however I still haven't received a "Sorry You're Leaving" letter with my final bill.

Since porting my number I haven't been able to access anything on my Vodafone online account, but I've asked on Live Chat and have been given a bill dated 2nd February which shows a zero balance. However nothing has come through in writing which (based on the information on this forum and that I can find on the Vodafone website) I believe should have happened. Also the bill showing zero balance makes no reference to it being my final bill.

Initially on Live Chat they said that the Final Bill could not be generated until the end of my normal monthly billing cycle (2nd of month to 1st of following month) which I've allowed to run through twice now in December and January.

I'm very wary after all the horror stories on this forum about cancelling any direct debits until after I receive this leaving letter so as to ensure nothing is inadvertently affecting my credit score, but I also don't just want to leave it open ended forever.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Getafix
16: Advanced member

From what I know you only get a Sorry Letter if you give 30 days Notice.

If you have left using the PAC, then all you need is a Bill showing Zero Balance.

I would keep this in a safe place and a soft copy saved somewhere as well.

hrym
17: Community Champion

Getafix is right, but I understand your caution.   You have a zero balance bill, which should be enough, and the online account appears to have been closed as well.  I'd also say that, if no direct debit is taken for a couple of months, it would be safe to cancel it.

That said ... belt and braces.   The forum team will pick up this thread in due course and can contact you privately to take your details.   I'm sure they'll be able to give you written confirmation that your account is cancelled.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wwhyte92 - I understand that you want to make sure it’s all cancelled and everything is as it should be.

Before reading this post, I’ve replied your other one here.

donnyguy

This is actually a really good issue to raise and it would be helpful if the forum team fed it back to the relevant technical teams internally.

We live in a world of online accounts rather than paper but Vodafone does seem to stop all visibility of your account on the day you port out using a pac code (you see a message saying there are no services being used on your account).

It'd be helpful if they didn't remove rhe billing so you could see the final bill when it's been produced. Or... if that's technologicially not possible then the final bill should automatically default to paper and get mailed.

I have to admit when I left Vodafone, I wasn't impressed with this as a month later a random amount did get taken from my account (I too, left the direct debit in place as I didn't want to be posting about random defaults as seems to be the case for others) and I then had to check it as I'd not been billed or notiifed. 

But once that random amount had been taken, I left it for another month or two before guessing it was safe to cancel.

The only thing left to do after that was contact Vodafone six months later to stop that account reporting to my credit file :Cry_Laughing:

But seriously, Vodafone - do give this feedback. People should be able to log in and see their final bills on the porta,l. Removing online billing access might actually be against the direct debit guarantee scheme. You're meant to always have visability of what is going to be taken and when.

AnnS

@donnyguy

Vodafone advise setting up an alternative contact number to receive the code after disconnection.  This will enable the customer to log into the account and view the bill. This information is on the link below.

I’m leaving Vodafone – what will happen with my bills?

donnyguy

Hi AnnS,

We're talking about different issues here. It's not logging into the account that is the problem, the numbers are set up and can recieve the security codes.

The problems once you're in.

You see your details on the Account Summary tab such as name and account number.

On the billing tab, you get the 'We're working hard to fix this issue error'

Account settings work as normal.

So as per my post, it seems that the online billing portal (viewing current / past bills) is removed on the day you port out. This happened to me when I left. A friend of mine left only this week and the same this has happened to her account.

So this isn't a complaint, it's feedback. Vodafone guys - feed back to your technical team that this is happening. I'm sure there's an easy fix they could implement. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy I appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. It's something that I myself, wasn't aware of. 

I'll make sure it's passed onto the relevant teams/contacts for them to review and act upon, if they see fit. 

donnyguy

Not a problem Alex,

If you want to PM me then I'll happily send across the details of the account that this is affecting currently if they want to look at a live example?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@donnyguy Thanks for the offer 🙂

I've not heard anything back yet, however if they do ask for an example, we'll be in touch.