Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Final Bill/Leaving Letter

wwhyte92
7: Helper
7: Helper

I cancelled my contract on 3rd December 2017 by using my PAC code and porting my number to GiffGaff. Since then however I still haven't received a "Sorry You're Leaving" letter with my final bill.

Since porting my number I haven't been able to access anything on my Vodafone online account, but I've asked on Live Chat and have been given a bill dated 2nd February which shows a zero balance. However nothing has come through in writing which (based on the information on this forum and that I can find on the Vodafone website) I believe should have happened. Also the bill showing zero balance makes no reference to it being my final bill.

Initially on Live Chat they said that the Final Bill could not be generated until the end of my normal monthly billing cycle (2nd of month to 1st of following month) which I've allowed to run through twice now in December and January.

I'm very wary after all the horror stories on this forum about cancelling any direct debits until after I receive this leaving letter so as to ensure nothing is inadvertently affecting my credit score, but I also don't just want to leave it open ended forever.

Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Just wondering if there was a conclusion to this? If you leave Vodafone can you still see your final bill in My Vodafone or do you have to manually request one? 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous You can either manually request a copy bill via email, or you may be able to view the final bill before the services are fully disconnected which in turn removes the My Vodafone access. In these instances I'd advise requesting an email copy bill, as you'll have the PDF saved to the email chain for future reference. 

@donnyguy said:

"The problems once you're in.

You see your details on the Account Summary tab such as name and account number.

On the billing tab, you get the 'We're working hard to fix this issue error'"

Over two years later and it still just gives the 'We're working hard to fix this issue error'.

Vodafone really needs to move their systems into the 21st Century.