Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Final Bill Question

WillieMaykit
4: Newbie

Hi Everyone,

I ported my number from Vodafone last week and have a question about final bills. I was always under the impression that line rental is paid in advance so if you terminate your contract part way through the month, the line rental is pro-rated (in line with the bullet points on this page https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Leaving-Vodafone/What-happens-when-I-leave/38...). The call centre seem to disagree (in fact the lady was quite curt about it) and will not process a refund saying if you don't use it you lose it. Which is correct - the web page or the call centre?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @WillieMaykit

Providing you do not cancel the direct debit before receiving the final bill with a 0.00 balance as you confirmation of no further responsibility towards the contract, any line rental paid in advance and due to be returned will be repaid direct to the bank acount registered for the direct debit.

If the direct debit has been cancelled, please use live chat, when you have the final last two bills, they will be able to process any credit to your bank account.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @WillieMaykit

Providing you do not cancel the direct debit before receiving the final bill with a 0.00 balance as you confirmation of no further responsibility towards the contract, any line rental paid in advance and due to be returned will be repaid direct to the bank acount registered for the direct debit.

If the direct debit has been cancelled, please use live chat, when you have the final last two bills, they will be able to process any credit to your bank account.

Thank you AnnS. That is what I thought. The direct debit is still in place.