Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Final Bill

nick1988
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi everyone! Wondered if any of you people could help me...

I applied to cancel a monthly rolling contract in August. I received a letter saying that the account would be deactivated on September 13th.

I've spoken to Vodafone customer services on the phone & online chat. All parties confirm that the account has been deactivated & I've paid the remaining bill of £59 from 7th Sep-Oct over the phone.

So...when should I expect to receive my 'final bill'/confirmation of no further owed money in the post?

Thank you in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @nick1988

When-will-I-receive-my-final-bill.

"Your final bill will arrive 2-4 weeks after you cancel your contract."

Please consider not cancelling the Direct Debit until Vodafone have taken any final payment(s) and if applicable applied any Refunds. And you have received the final bill by post, paid by Direct Debit and a £0 bill and Sorry Your Leaving Letter has been received that confirms the account is closed. (Please retain this paperwork)

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply, but please forgive my ignorance:

Does that mean 2-4 weeks after the date that I gave notice, or 2-4 weeks after the contract was deactivated? 

Many thanks.

BandOfBrothers

2-4 weeks after you cancel your contract. 

So in my understanding if you gave 30 days notice then when Vodafone cancel the contract on the 30th day you'll then receive the final bill 2-4 weeks after that. 

"You’ll be billed as normal until the date when we disconnect your number. Your final bill will show any refunds and the early exit fee (if you need to pay it). If you pay by Direct Debit, please don’t cancel this until your final payment has been taken." From Vodafone.co.uk/cancel-account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So I applied for cancellation in August, and the account was deactivated on 13th Sep.  So the bill should be here in the next 2-4 weeks approx from 13th Sep...

Thanks very much for your help, patience & reassurance! 

From a concerned & slightly naive contract deactivator.