cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Finding a member of staff with responsibility and authorisation to help.

PaddySharkey75
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I live in France and after a recent renegotiation of my contract after queries over my current tariff I am now having difficulties in getting my mobile device activated. After three weeks I am still talking to people at the end of the phone who can't or won't comprehend why I can't just pop into the Cardiff branch for a chat, help and advice please or even more preferably a name and number of someone to talk to.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @PaddySharkey75

Upgrading shouldn't have affected your service. 

You wouldn't need to activate anything such as like the SIM card which would need you back into the UK. 

That said from experience roaming is intended for a limited time only and not intended for long term. 

Let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and they'll help you further with this situation im sure. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for the information and advice and I look forward to hearing from the social media team and their help in resolving the current situation.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @PaddySharkey75 thanks for your patience in this situation. We're happy to take a look at your account and discuss the best options and look to get this sorted. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you. 

AnnS

Hi @PaddySharkey75

The only way you are going to get this solved, is by contacting Customer Services by following the information here:  Contact Us

Having mentioned that, if you live in France and constantly roaming, with the Global Roaming Terms and Conditions, this won't be allowed and this could well be the cause of your problems.  If you don't live in the UK, a French network mobile provider would work out a lot cheaper and no danger of having your service restricted.

Thank you for the advice and information, when and if I am able to resolve the current situation and terminate my current contract I will investigate french network possibilities.