Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free AirPods with iPhone X

mikeerhymes
4: Newbie

Lots of talk about first iPhone X 1000 customers getting free AirPods, Voda CS confirmed this is true. I registered interest with the iPhone which is all I was told to do but not heard anything else. Did anyone get an email confirming free AirPods?

28 REPLIES 28

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Can you link to this offer @mikeerhymes

Edit > Found this .gsmarena.com/vodafone_uk_is_giving_out_free_airpods_with_iphone_x_purchase-news-

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I also made order for iPhone x and was told by CS that I will get an email from Apple but still waiting for that email

BandOfBrothers

@dickosahon wrote:

I also made order for iPhone x and was told by CS that I will get an email from Apple but still waiting for that email

Not sure why Apple would email you as it's a Vodafone offer. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I bought the iphonex online with a chat advisor on 27/10/2017

Disappointingly I was assured twice by the vodafone sales person that I was within the first 1000 customers and would be receiving the air pods. (This was the reason I went with vodafone and not a competitor)

I have since called customer services three times, holding on for 3.5 hours total to only now find out that the sales person was not being truthful 

Each time I called, I was reassured that a customer service person would be calling me back...

very shoddy, complaint sent... I get the sense that there is a hope the cancellation maximum period will have elapsed.

I really resent people and companies that promise to do things and dont deliver, it's a real red flag.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I can understand how disappointing this would be @mattmattmatt, and apologies that you were told this when placing your order.

If you've not received a confirmation email on 31 October regarding the AirPods, unfortunately this means you weren't selected for this offer.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance when the Complaints team have been in touch and we'll be happy to help with any queries that you may have.

Hi Natasha

Please can you provide an update on airpods. i did get a text on 31st saying that they wil be sending airpods from 4th Dec but i haven’t received anything. Please can you let me know when is Vodafone going to dispatch airpods?

Hi Natasha

Sry pls ignore my previous msg. I just got email from Vodafone thst i’ll be getting my parcel tomorrow. Cheers

brownbear
8: Helper
8: Helper

I recieved an emailed from vodafone about this  whilst I was pre-ordering

AirPods offer: 1. Available only to the recipient of this email. 2. For new Vodafone customers, to be eligible you must a) complete the ‘iPhone X – register your interest’ form and b) purchase the iPhone X on any plan between the 27.10.2017 – 30.10.2017.  When purchasing the iPhone X, you must use the same details that you entered when you registered your interest. 3. For existing Vodafone customers, to be eligible you must upgrade the phone number referenced in your email to iPhone X on any plan between the 27.10.2017 – 30.10.2017. 4. Limited to the first 1,000 eligible customers. Limited to one pair of AirPods per eligible customer. 5. AirPods will be despatched after the 30 Day Network Satisfaction Guarantee period of your iPhone X and once your first bill has been paid.

@brownbear, thanks!

Im an existing customer and registered interest but didn't recieve anything mentioning AirPods. I wonder if we don't recieve any after a month, will they let us know what number we were to pre order? I'd like to think I'm one of the first completing my order at 08:00, although some people on the forum managed to complete pre 8am!