Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free Huawei gt watch

martyb32
2: Seeker

I upgraded to the huawei mate pro 20 at the start of the month and got a great deal  To make it even better I got a text from Vodafone yesterday letting me know I can claim my free watch worth £179, tried to claim but was told I wasn't eligible because it was only the month of February that the promotion was on . I phoned Vodafone and James said that I was eligible and to contact huawei which I did to be told they're receiving a lot of calls for the same reason .Back onto to Vodafone to be told sorry nothing we can do, was looking forward to that freebie too.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

This is something I've come across @martyb32 

Please look at the dates I've put in Bold.

VODAFONE & HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO PROMOTION

From https://huaweipromo.co.uk/gb/en/pages/watchgtgift/terms

ENTRY.

Participants may only submit a claim for the Promotional Item after fourteen (14) calendar days of the date of purchase.

Following the fourteen (14) waiting period, participants have until 23:59 GMT on 29th March 2019 to complete and submit the claim form on huaweipromo.co.uk/watchgtgift (‘Website’). In order to complete the claim form, the participant must provide the IMEI of the Qualifying Product,

Participants who purchase, on any Pay Monthly handset plan, a HUAWEI Mate20 Pro (a ‘Qualifying Product’) between 00:01 (GMT) 1 February 2019 and 23:59 (GMT), 28 February 2019, from Vodafone (‘Qualifying Retailer’) will be eligible to claim a Promotional Item in accordance with the table below, to be delivered to Participant at an address in the UK, Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey. The Promotional Item is subject to availability and will be delivered within 30 days of a verified claim.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Screenshot_20190320_093339_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

Thanks for the reply, 

I did notice the dates you've put in bold after a few attempts at claiming .

My point is I bought the phone from Vodafone on the 4th and they sent me a message that I've posted on the 18th of March saying I'm entitled to the free watch, so surely Vodafone should give me the watch they said I'm entitled to? 

Cheers

BandOfBrothers

I'm thinking the message has been sent in error or is a text sent to multiple posts and you recieved it again in error. 

From what I can see the dates stipulated show the eligibility period to which your unfortunately not within for purchase even tho this text has been sent it wouldn't change the eligibility period.

The agent you spoke to may not have seen those dates @martyb32 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, do you work for Vodafone? 

sticky1620

Upgraded my contract over the phone earlier this week. Was keen to buy the Huawei Mate 20 Pro but was a little more than I wanted to pay. Guy put me on hold to double check something. Came back and said if I purchased the contract I was eligible to claim the free watch. Went ahead with this only to realise that I was outside the promotional period. I'm sure that I have been mis-sold the contract as I would not have been going ahead with this had it not been for the watch. Now waiting for a reply to my complaint with Vodafone

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @sticky1620, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry to hear about the confusion around claiming the Huawei watch.

I'll be more than happy to take a closer look into what you were offered - so I can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.