Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Getting my old number back?

katieg5
2: Seeker

Hello everyone,

I am so happy I stumbled upon this forum as there is a wealth of information. I am really hoping somebody can help as I am really concerned. I was receiving harassing phone calls and under the advice of the police, I had to suddenly change my number last month. It was such a stressful time, that I didn't even think about the fact my phone number was set up for two factor authentication on my email addresses, credit card and online banking. I have been able to regain access to the latter but cannot gain access to my emails without my phone number (they won't even take my Passport or Driving License as proof it is me). I am currently coming towards the end of my employment contract and am awaiting job offers. Without being able to get into my email, I may miss these offers as they only come through email.  It is also linked to other accounts and many happy memories over the years. I am running round in circles and the only way I can regain access is to get my old phone number back. It was disconnected around the end of April.  Is there a way I can get it back? I don't mind porting it over to a Pay as You Go sim card or even paying to take out a second line, I just desperately need the number back.

Many thanks in advance for any help :).

6 REPLIES 6

katieg5

Can I buy my old phone number back?

Hi kateg5,

You have been a loyal customer.

Why should you have to pay to use your old number?

Getting your old number back should be a simple verification check as they do for almost all Pay Monthly account holders.

Who plans to use your old number that is currently invalid?

A company should be able to easily reunite you with your old number.

If you have your PAC code then you should be able to port it to any mobile network provider.

glewis2020

Hi kateg5,

Have you met with any success?

Trying to search for info but nothing yet unfortunately.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @katieg5 

Please contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll check for you.

Link back to your thread here including your forum username so your not having to repeat yourself.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi kateg5,

You have been a loyal customer.

Why should you have to pay to use your old number?

Getting your old number back should be a simple verification check as they do for almost all Pay Monthly account holders.

Who plans to use your old number that is currently invalid?

A company should be able to easily reunite you with your old number.

If you have your PAC code then you should be able to port it to any mobile network provider.