Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gigacube not working for 2 months, billed anyway

sadmoon
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've spent hours and hours on chat to Vodafone trying to sort out my Gigacube problem. It worked briefly when we bought it, but hasn't worked since (< 10 days working in 3 months). We've tried a Sim Swap, changing settings, and finally the technical department told me there's ongoing maintenance (verified through the NSC page).

We have a £50 up-front, £50 a month business contract, for fixed 18 months. I was told on chat that of course, if it wasn't working I wouldn't be billed, and was promised credit... but I'm being billed the full amount anyway, and Vodafone will not let me out of the contract, even though I've had to go with another provider in the meantime.

I'm partially deaf so most days I rely on chat; but now the chat window closes after 1/2 hour waiting with nobody there. Trying to phone has been useless; they transferred me 6 times without explaining why, ending up in the wrong department, and it was hard to understand anything anyone was saying. Complaint forms have resulted in a "We tried to contact you" - but I have no emails from anyone, and no missed calls.

Regardless, I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do now. How do I get my money back? How do I either get a reliable service, or get released from my contract? I'm absolutely at my wits end now, but I don't want to just write off £950.

1 REPLY 1

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @sadmoon, Lets get you some more information on this ongoing maintenance, an update on when this should be completed and look into what options are available to you whilst this is affecting your service. As we'll need you to provide some personal data to do this, pop us a private message through one of our social channels with a link to this thread and we'll be happy to help.