Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Global roaming plus

aidreilly
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I’ve just signed up to the new red entertainment sim only deal and just want to clarify a few things. 

Im going to the USA which is included in the global roaming plus - can I call local numbers and it comes out of my allowance? 

Also my sim sim package includes 500 international minutes to what seems like most Eu countries. If I rang Ireland whilst in the states would it come out of that allowance or would I be charged

ive just been given conflicting answers from the online chat so wanted to clarify and confirm 

3 REPLIES 3

chistery
16: Advanced member

I agree, Vodafone do seem to make it more confusing than it should be,

With Global Roaming Plus, in the USA, you can call local mobiles or landlines with no additional charge, as well as make calls back to the UK.

The 500 international Minutes are for calls from the UK to the 31 destinations however this page seems to give the information you want.

Can you use your international minutes abroad?

If you are in a Global Roaming Plus destination you will be able to make calls using your international minutes, but if you are in a Roam-free destination you may not need to.

Calls to Roam-free destinations will come out of your standard minutes allowance, and calls to Vodafone Global Plus destinations will come out of your International minutes.

This seems to be saying you can call Ireland and it'll come out of your international minutes.

If you were in a roam free destination you can call Ireland and it'll come out of your standard allowance.

I think!

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Some of Vodafone's schemes do seem over-complicated! If you call Ireland from US, I'd recommend checking your account from time to time, to make sure you aren't running up charges, rather than just letting rip, and discovering later that there's a large charge to your bill. You should then get it refunded in due course, from the terms quoted by @chistery, but a bit of caution rarely does much harm.

Getafix

Not Physically, but technically your call is Routed via your Home Country Server.

So you are charged for 2 parts when you are roaming, 1 being your call routing to your Home Country Server and from your Home Country Server to Destination.

If you have allowance for Home Country Server to Destination, you can use that allowance.

This has always been the case.

Only change with introduction of Global Plus, is it is now Free where previously you were charged £6 per day.