Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Going back to old tariff

JOHNBARRATT1995
4: Newbie

Hi there I accidentally change my tariff today via the app today and it went through so I phoned up customer service immediately and asked to revert back to my old plan and the operator told me it would take 5 working days to revert back so does this sound right to everyone one or am just being fobbed off? All replies would be very grateful.

Kind regards John 

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

It should show on your following months bill and should certainly show on the application and your online account within the following week.  When you receive your bill, it may look a little strange and you will probably see the dates with the increased line rental and this will be credited back.

If your tariff is not changed by the end of next week, come back to the forum and one of the Team will definitely look into this for you but hopefully all will be good.

So by Monday next week i should be back on my old plan? also the extra money I oue at the moment will be credited back when i get my next months bill so it will become £27.40 as normal when i get my bill on the 17th of November is that correct?

Kind regards John

Hi

Ann also i am useing the data for the New Plan at the moment I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't charged me any extra because I am using the new plan's data at the moment? Can you please confirm.

Also thanks for replying much appreciated.

AnnS

Hi @JOHNBARRATT1995

If I could answer those questions for you I would but I can't, it's going to need account access from Customer Services or live chat.

It depends on whether your bill has been generated for the month, it may not be corrected until December.  The phone application will always give you unbilled charges but Vodafone recommend waiting until you have the bill to give you something to go on.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You have 30 days to revert back to your old Tariff.

Once the new Tariff shows on your App or Account, then call 191 and ask them to revert back to your old Tariff.

And it should reflect in both your App and Account.

For the period that you have been on the New Tariff, you will be billed that.

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone will understand the error and get this put right for you @JOHNBARRATT1995

However thus far all the replies in your thread like mine are all from fellow customers with no Account access only customer service on 191 can answer what they'll bill you for etc. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

Sounds like a tariff migration rather than upgrade which means you're just changing your data package during your existing contract and not renewing into a new one, so yes the process can take 5-10 working days depending on backlog because the team themselves can't do it on their system, its raised to a higher admin team but its sent via a form and put in a queue essentially. It will get done and the billing difference will be credited back to you :Smiling:

UPDATE

Hi Everyone Just to let you know my tariff had now been reverted back to my old one I would just like to thank everyone who responded to my post and answered my questions.

Best wishes John