main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Pay monthly

Gold Number Sales

Administrator

We’re constantly looking at ways to offer better products and services for our customers and are happy to announce our great new proposition – Gold Number Sales!

What’s a Gold Number?

Why get stuck with that randomly assigned number, when you can choose, create and design something that has meaning to you?

The possibilities really are endless:

- Alphanumeric
- Landline match
- Favourite digits
- Consecutives
- Date of birth and special meanings

Maybe you just fancy buying a mobile number that is easy to remember...

How much do I pay?

The prices of the numbers vary depending on the formations contained, the amount of repeated digits and even the rarity of the number.

Some examples on pricing are given below and if you have any further questions, these can be directed to the team 

How do I purchase one?

It couldn't be simpler! Drop us a message on this thread and a member of the team will be in touch to let you know what you need to do! 

Gold numbers 2.png

View more options
16 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Are those actual formations, or are things like the stars replaceable characers?

Hint: your date of birth is often a security question, so maybe not the best choice for your mobile number?

Or maybe you could match your personalised car reg plate

View more options
16: Advanced member

I'd imagine each letter represents a number so the 07XXX XXXXXX one will be something like 07888 888888 and 07XXX XXXYYY will be along the lines of 07888 888999

Huawei P20 EML-L09,

Android Version - 9.0.0

Last Update 28.12.18, 

Build- 9.0.0.160(C432E7R1P11patch01)

Baseband- 21C20369S006C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history:

Huawei P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac

View more options

Unless the letters are in fact the characters that appear on an old-style keypad (the ones where you have to press the 1 button 3 times to put C in a text).   That's fine as far as it goes, but I'm not sure my dial pad has letters any more

Unless we're talking about truly alphanumberic numbers: eg 07777 HAPPEE?

View more options

I don't think they are alpha numeric related, what I meant was X represents a particular number so a number of, say, 07XXX XXXXXX has 9 consecutive identical numbers, so 07555 555555 or 07666 666666.

A number say 07XYXYXYXYX would be 07343434343 etc etc 

Huawei P20 EML-L09,

Android Version - 9.0.0

Last Update 28.12.18, 

Build- 9.0.0.160(C432E7R1P11patch01)

Baseband- 21C20369S006C000
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history:

Huawei P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac

View more options
Administrator

Spot on @SimonWilding 

View more options

Still don't use your DOB! 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

How can we see the actual numbers, please?

Thanks,

Indy.

View more options

Hi,

Any response?

Thanks.

View more options

There won't be a full list of the numbers available, partly because it would be very long, but also, for security reasons, because it would confirm which have been issued and are live.   If there's a number you want, see how it fits into the patterns quoted above and what price it would be.   Customer Services will be able to confirm if it's available.

View more options

I know what format (from the list) I am interested in. I want to see what placeholder numbers are available, hence need a list. At such a high value obviously I need to see what I am buying. I am posting here as per the request in Phil's initial post, to post here. I have also messaged Phil, with no response.

View more options

Thanks for your interest in purchasing one of our Gold Numbers @remoteindy. To help you with this, I've sent you a private message. If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to get in touch.

View more options

I just wanted to add a note to this to say I bought a gold number from the team at Vodafone back in September and I'm really happy.

I knew the prefix I wanted and sent this across to the team and they replied with some suggestions. We went back and forth until we found the perfect number for the perfect price.

I'm all about value and will say for the number I got, they SIGNIFICANTLY undercut eBay (which is where I'd been looking).

Every time I give my number out now, people say "Oh wow, that's really easy. How did you get that?"

So if a gold number is your thing, definitely get in touch with the team.

#HappyCustomer

View more options

Awesome, thanks for sharing your experience @donnyguy 😊 We're glad you're loving your gold number 🥇

View more options

Hi,

Can someone drop me a message with information on how to choose/purchase a number?

Thanks,

Dan

View more options

Can someone get in touch with my about requesting a number? Thanks

View more options

Hi @djj1994. If this is related to the loss of your previous number, please see my reply to your other post

View more options