cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Has anyone else experienced a blatant lie?

nofear01
2: Seeker

I recently pre-ordered the Huawei Mate Pro 10 on a Friday and was told Monday delivery. Nothing. 

Since then I have chased on a daily basis, and wasn't until yesterday I was told it was actually out of stock and on back order - with a 'guaranteed' delivery of 27th November. 

Between then, having chased; an agent called 'Karan', categorically lied to me and even provided me with a DPD delivery number and a confirmed time. If I hadn't chased this with DPD, I wouldn't have known this was a blatant lie as it wasn't one of their references!!! I have tried to escalate this to no avail as no one wants to take responsibility and can only get as far as Social Media and the Vodafone chat. 

With the pre-order, I was advised, in writing that I was the first person to pre-order this phone, therefore, I was guaranteed the smart watch. I have re-confirmed this three times since. Now I have been told that this isn't guaranteed and will receive a text 30 days after my phone order which then leaves me outside of cancellation. 

All this seems a ploy to pre-order the phone........... 

The delay in the phone I can manage, not the blatant lying, not once but three times with no explanation. No-one wants to resolve this at all. I have never experienced such dirty tactics to make a sale. 

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @nofear01

One thing I say is that things can and will go wrong which most accept. But its then how that's put right that instills confidence back in the service and product. 

Communication is key. 

From past experience in aware that phones can and will go from showing available when ordering to then move to Out Of Stock which is why when im helping someone I always suggest ringing customer service and specifically ask if the phone is in stock for despatch or not when the date they thought they were to receive the phone has not been met. 

Pre-Ordering does not guarantee a phone and that' the same with most of the networks as far as in aware. 

Pre-Ordering can come hand in hand with offers that can include an accessory but there is always T&C's attached such as filling out a claim form within a certain timeframe and sometimes there's limited availability. 

A person does have a 30 day cooling off period but if say the phone or accessory couldn't be supplied within the Cooling off period then an informed decision on wether to continue or not would have to be made. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I am well aware of all the above. The point I am trying to make is the lies, the categoric lies from Vodafone. Even receiving a call from the agent just now (and fair play to him for doing so as he was the only person to take ownership of this), the matter still isn't resolved. 

I know a pre-order doesn't guarantee next day. Though had I been told about stock levels and no smart watch from the outset instead of in their own words 'definitely' receiving this, I wouldn't be voicing my opinion here and to other forums. 

BandOfBrothers

Totally appreciate how frustrating this must be for you @nofear01

This is why I said "Communication is Key"

I hope this is resolved one way or the other for you asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

So do I........... I have been presented with two options. Neither are what I want tbh.....

nofear01

Just by way of follow up if anyone is interested. All credit to 'Matthew R' from the social media team. He has felt the brunt of this and I can only apologise for. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@nofear01 Thanks for keeping us updated. Was Matthew able to resolve your query? 🙂

jonb
4: Newbie

Yes, on more than one occasion.

When it happened (not for the first time) a few months ago i requested a formal complaint be logged. However, when i tried to get an update on this i was told it was an "internal" matter, and i would not receive any update. Finally let it go, as really could not face dealing with the people any more

Now been blatantly lied to again during recent communications. Again requested a formal complaint be raised. AgaIn told this is an internal matter and i would not receive any update. However, this is one too many now, so plan on taking this to the Ombudsman. Already requested the necessary info, but fully expect it to be ignored.

Amazing that a company already fined for failing to handle complaints properly (Vodafone fined £4.6 million for failing customers) continue to do so

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know that Matthew was able to resolve your initial query with us.

Should you require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to get back in touch with our team and we'll be happy to help.