Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Having my number on 2 devices

JamesACliff
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've setup my upgrade to the note 20 ultra but as I am a tradesman, I dont really want to take it out on site. I have a phone that I want to use as my work phone but was wondering if there was a way that I could get my calls and texts on my work phone as well as my new one.

Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JamesACliff 

If you mean you would like 2 SIM's with the same number this won't be possible, each SIM would have it's own identification number and Terms and Conditions.

As a workaround you could use a PAYG SIM in your work phone and divert incoming calls from your new Note 20 contract.

OK, i weren't sure if there was a way to have 2 sims. How would I divert the calls to my 'work phone'?

Thanks for the help.

Ok, thank you ill give that a go, does this also work with messages?

Thanks.

sirgader
4: Newbie

You can try with One Number service. You can have one physical SIM and the one eSIM. eSIM will technically have a different number, but when someone calls your "normal" number both phones will ring. When you call from either phone, the "normal" number will show up. There is a problem with text messages, as my experience shows, that they will come only to the number associated with the given SIM (e.g. if someone texts you on your "normal" number you are only getting text there, but not on the secondary eSIM).

eSIM will not work on iPhone, but I made it work on other devices (not necessarily smart watches). Having said that eSIM capable phones are normally rather expensive, so maybe a Galaxy watch with One Number subscription (currently £7 a month) would solve your issue?

Officially not. But in reality works just fine. 

Screenshot_20200816-102723_Call settings.jpg

BandOfBrothers

@sirgader 

Are you personally actively using this workaround ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

I have another potential solution. A company called Thumbtel have a product called 'Another Number' that might work for you. The details are here:

https://www.thumbtel.com/anothernumber/

This is available in the Google Play store here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thumbtel.anothernumber

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I don't think that's what @JamesACliff is looking for. The solution you proposed seems to be allowing extra number to be used on the same handset. I believe the goal is to use the same number on 2 handsets.

jeffkinn
I know. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png