Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Having to leave Vodafone after 10+ years :(

nix-uk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been made redundant due to Covid and need to get my monthly payments down. Apparently it is not possible to make a lump sum payment to do that, and my only options are:

1. Go to pay as you go and lose my number (which I do not want to do, I have a really easy to remember number that I've had for decades); or 

2. Leave Vodafone and go to another provider

Such a shame, as this is the only problem I've had in all those years but I have no other choice, if I want to keep my number, pay off my current contract and reduce my monthly outgoings :Sad_face:

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @nix-uk 

Sorry to hear about your redundancy due to Covid, there are so many other people in the same dreadful sad situation.

You won't lose your number transferring to PAYG, the number will follow.  When the number moves to PAYG taking 30 days to complete, you will receive the final 0.00 bill, you should also expect to receive a small discount for early termination and as you won't be receiving a service there will be no VAT chargeable. There is further information here: Moving from Pay monthly to Pay as you go 

The best way forward is to speak to Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, they should be able to advise the best options to reduce payments.  If you have any chargeable extras you be able to reove these from your account.  Alternatively, speak to the Social Team here: Contact Us 

Thank you, that’s the complete opposite of what a Vodafone customer service rep told me when I called after reading the link that you’ve added to your reply. Can I quote this if I come up against a brick wall again? I did ask to speak to a supervisor but apparently they told him the same thing...

AnnS

Hi @nix-uk 

This is Vodafone's own information provided through the website for customers, it's surprising you received such a negative response.

If you are going to transfer to PAYG, keep the direct debit open until you have the 0.00 bill in your hands.  It's also a good idea to set up an alternative contact number to receive the last 2 bills, you should have access to the account for 6 months after the move.

Thank you for your help Ann, it prompted me to get back in touch with customer services and thanks to both the lovely Deja and Chris as well, everything is now sorted out :Smiling:

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Was really pleased to read this was resolved.

Huge kudos to AnnS for stepping in here! Shows the power of the forum