Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help needed regarding Billing/Collections issue

mstogdale81
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Up until last july i was a happy vodafone customer, basically i had a Mobile phone On pay montly and a data sim also pay monthly, i decided to get rid of my tablet and keep the data sim as the monthly costs were cheaper than termination.

anyway to cut a long story short i lost the sim didnt realise and it ended up being used in romania  incurring charges of £900 + this was July 2017

There was ongoing calls and please to remove the charges etc etc i got cut off numerous times promised call backs numrous times i must of made over 40 calls between August and November...anyway it wnt to the Omnsbusman who ruled in vodafones favour with some reduced costs...

This was back in january, i called vodafone again to see what happens next they advised it would be passed to a debt collector..6 weeks past another call and still no letter..6 weeks ago called again spoke to someone at length she told me it had been passed to a colletor and id get a letter within two weeks.

again nothing, im sick to death of spening my time calling vodafone for nothing to happen..i just dont know what my options are anymore?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@mstogdale81 let the Vodafone Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they'll help you further with this situation. 

Once you have paid the debit it will change from Outstanding to Settled which looks better on your Credit File. 

Unfortunatley if a default has been applied to your Credit File it would remain in place for 6 years. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

was that reply supposed to be a wind up, how am i supposed to pay a debt when i have no idea who the collector is?

did you even read what i posted, the debt is already well past the default stage i want to know who the debt has been sold to so i can start a payment plan...i have no desire to pay the debt in full after all i still dont belive i should have to pay considering it was some other person who incurred these charges..

AnnS

Hi @mstogdale81

@BandOfBrothers is only a forum member, he does not work for Vodafone.  You have not yet received a reply on this forum from a Vodafone employee.

As mentioned, wait for the forum team to get to the thread, they will be able contact you for the necessary account access and will be in a better position to help further. 

If the debt has been sold to a collection agency, credit reference agencies should hold the information and should be able to let you know the agency now handling the debt.  

For your information I also don't work for Vodafone, just have a passion for helping fellow customers where possible.

Hi @mstogdale81

My reply wasn't intended to upset you or be a wind up. 

To answer you  Yes I read your post and my reply that the Vodafone Social Media Team here will help is the best route. 

The following on piece of advice was "once" 

The responsibility of the loss of the SIM card by you and subsequent unathorised usage is for discussion between you and Vodafone.  

Again I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Had I gotten here first, my advice (after reading your post) would have been to forget about it until someone contacts you for payment. If Vodafone or their chosen gang of enforcers are remiss about chasing the debt, that's their lookout  - you've already done more than you could reasonably be expected to do.

MarkF
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @mstogdale81

I appreciate you want to get this dealt with and I'd like to help you figure out which agency you need to speak with regarding the amount owed.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.