Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Help with pac code

PhilthyPhil
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, Just leaving Virgin and have 2 sims with them. I requested pac codes & was supplied with one. I've tried following the online guide & have been given swap day Thursday but it's only stating my number & not my wifes? I can't get any help with the chat & can't get to speak to a real human being for help & don't know what to do. I need to actually talk to a human but can't locate one. How do I do this?

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @PhilthyPhil 

I am sure the problem here is Virgin have only been able to give the PAC for your and now need to issue the PAC for your Wife's number.

The easiest way to request the PAC from your Wife's phone is by text message, this can be done by texting PAC to 65075, you should quickly get the PAC by return text to enable Vodafone to activate and move your Wife's number to the network.  There is further information on switching by text  from Ofcom here: Ofcom - Request PAC by text 

Further help for you on these links:

Joining Vodafone 

Welcome to Vodafone 

Thanks for replying but have been in touch with virgin & they say the 1 PAC code should do?      I really would appreciate speaking to a human at Vodafone. How can I get hold of one please?

AnnS

Hi @PhilthyPhil 

If Virgin are telling you one PAC is for two numbers that is incorrect, you need a PAC for each number to allow the number to move to the new provider, the porting files will be exclusive to each number.

I would try texting the short code from your Wife's number, this will generate the code needed to port your Wife's number to Vodafone.

When you have the PAC for your Wife's number follow this link to port the number to Vodafone: Keep My Number