Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home Broadband Activation/Not Working

london2tim
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi

Id like to take this opportunity to tell you about my experience from hell i had with Vodafone/BT OpenReach 

I have signed up for Standard Broadband (as Fast one wasnt available) and was given an activation date of 2nd Sept 

I was coming from already a terrible experience with BT - where i had to cancel my order because they kept moving my activation date further and further - so fed up by it - i cancelled it and moved to Vodafone

I hoped so much this would be a better and different experience but my worst nightmares came to life 

Can you imagine being in the middle of moving homes and having no internet for more than1 month - when living in central London

Is literally caused me grey hair - i had no issue setting up other suppliers (eg Water, Electric, Gas) but cannot for the love of God set up internet 

After waiting 2 weeks (which felt like 2 months) 2nd Sept came and i was really excited about having internet - i dont know why but on the back of my mind there was this voice saying is not gonna happen)

First of all - no engineer came up between the hours i was told - no one came all day in fact - i didnt get a call or anything from anyone 

Apparently - there was no need for an engineer to show up because they could do their bits from outside the property 

At 4pm on 2nd Sept i called Vodafone to say no internet yet and they told me is perfectly normal as it takes till midnight sometimes to activate

At 9pm i called again - saying is still not working - and its giving me a ''no wired connection available'' message (that to me was already a red flag warning that there was something wrong with the line or that it hasnt been connected) - again i was told everything is fine - BT has completed the work and are running some test and worst case scenario internet will work in the morning when i wake up

Woke up today to no internet - called Vodafone again - some guys did some troubleshooting on the router changed some settings and said: restart router and everything should now work ok (or it will in 30 min) 

Obv it didnt work - i plugged in the phone to see if that works and it didnt work - said please check your line 

called vodafone again - told them is not working and they said: hmmm well it look like there is a problem with the line (DOH - i told them since friday that i was getting a no wired connection message - dont know why they didnt listen and check with BT)

Then they asked me to literally pull the internet/phone switches from the walls to see if i can find a test line - had to do that (i mean really - is that our job as clients to do? isnt this why there was an engineer visit booked????)

Couldnt find any test line - i tried to explain them that where i live everyone in the building has the same setup and all my neighbours have internet - so its not really an issue with the sockets - but more like with the line being activated or not - i mean how come the person next door was internet and i dont - even tho we all share the same cable from the building to the cabinet 

In the end they said - something went wrong - we dont know what - it might be that Open Reach didnt activate the line - even tho in their system it says they did

They need to run further checks - but the cant do it until Monday - then they need to escalete this to next team and they can then arrange for a BT engineer to check the issue - all in all - here is another month probably of waiting 

I am livid and angry beyond anything that words can express - am tired of waiting and no one giving a shxxxit - all i get is excuses and excuses and no one can do anything - they all stuck to BT and BT is not doing anything

The OpenReach hub is across the street from me - yet they couldnt bother seding someone to my flat on Fri to check the bloody line and see if there is indeed a connection established - i mean can someone explain to me what is that they do on these activation days and how come none bothered to check if there is a connection

Also what is vodafone doing about this - they seem to be stuck in their face with sorry and sorry - i asked - called Open Reach now and find out what it is that they did yesterday - they said - we cant do that - we will need to book a engineer first etc etc

this is all been to much for me - i feel like crying of how upset and tired i am - i need the internet to sort out my life and i cannot seem to be in any luck of getting any internet - all my neighbours had theirs installed OK but with me is been a nightmare - not sure if the BT/open reach are being vindictive for cancelling with BT andnow they are just taking the ##~## 

but is there any way i can have this sorted - please can someone sorted - i am really at wits end and not sure how much more i can take this - psychologically - i am a mess - its been affecting all my life and work and i feel like just throwing my self in front of a train and get over with this 

is just that bad 

8 REPLIES 8

Retired-Cara_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @london2tim

I'm very disapointed to hear about this experience with us and I completely understand your frustration. You mentioned that they're going to run checks today, it's likely you'll be getting further with this. Please update us on this tomorrow. Any queries or updates will need to be directed to the Broadband Team on 191. 

Thanks, 

Cara

Ok Here is an update

The update is that you are not far from BT - terrible jus terrible service so far

firstly - no one called me back after 7pm as promised 

i called in and was put thru a lady who said she cant help me as the virtual assistant (or whatever is called) system is down

I mean it was down on fri, down on Sat and again tonight was down - am pretty sure it will be down tomorrow and every single day 

Then she said to me : im sorry but i cant be on the line with you much longer, i cant help you and i need to call back another customer who has a non tehnical issue (basically screw you other are more important)

She said i have 2 options - call back tomorrow and see if the System is up and running or feel free to cancel your contract (in fact she seemed quite keen to cancel my broadband promoting me twice - so do you want to cancel your order or call back another time)

Jesus Christ - on saturday i didnt thought this can go any worse but it seems that it can - we are at the point now where your own CS is not interested to help me and they would rather have my contract cancelled

i guess you dont need my money and this whole broadband business is a joke

if there is anyone in this company that really has any respect for the clients then by please call me tomorrow on ##~## and tell me what the hell is going on - because i have never seen something like this in LIFE

TOTAL AND UTTER LACK OF INTEREST 

Moderator note: Removed personal content - please refer to our Community Guidelines

Hello @london2tim

We cannot arrange callbacks through the eForum. 

I understand your anger at this experience, to have this looked into further please recall our team on 08080 034 515 (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week.

Louise

I Faced exactly the same issue, but i have cancelled and taken SKY they have a good support team (havent faced any problem so far) compared to Vodafone. Vodafone is a complete headache. Now waiting for refund from them since my line dint even go alive.

Advice: Dont wait move to some other service provide. Vodafaone is really worst service!!

Hello @harishsun

I see, I'm sorry to hear you have left Vodafone. 

The best way forward is to call our Customer Service Team on 08080 034 515 and we will look into this for you. 

Louise

Same is hare. Worse customer service ever. Why they trying to sell ##~## if they can’t provide service. They should close their broadband service. My phone and broadband disconnected after switching from sky. Stay away from them. 

Aaronjugroop
4: Newbie

I am having a similar problem now! Not as long as yours but it's been a week and they have said it's been activated twice but no internet then said I am top.of the list to sort out! Now have a engineer coming out a week tomorrow (Fri) then the following Wednesday someone else coming out to sort it! They said I have a problem with the line .Also they said the same with the engineer ok to not come into the house then today someone said they need to get in the house! I have a red light for internet and a slow flashing green for wifi. Is yours working?

DOOM-III
1: Seeker

Today was the day of activation of vodafone broadband. Indeed, internet was not working through all day. Finally, to sort this out I had a chat with one of the Vodafone agents, Vivek. He in details guided me through connection process. Generally, setting up content control  from your Vodafone accound required. And I was finally connected. I greatly appreciate help of the Vodafone customer service team. Excellent customer service! However, I would suggest to include a note about setting up content control in the guide how to activate service that is sent to new customers prior to activation day.