Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Honest answer? Haha yeah right

Undood
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, after being on vodaphone pay and go for a while I decided to go ahead and get a contract..bad idea nothing but problems!

So first I tried to upgrade my payg to sim only, there was an issue with the credit check so I called and spoke to a lovely lady, she proceeded to tell me my account was a mess and she would have to rebuild it so was on hold while she did that.

she then ran a new credit check and told me that I qualified for a new phone ect.. so I said ok cancel that old order and I'll get a phone ect.. that was fine received my phone following day lovely!! Here is where the problems started. So I submit a form to transfer my payg number over. Couple days later email arrives saying it cant be ported due to both numbers showing as pay monthly. I thought hmmm. Thsts odd phones again to be told the original order wasnt cancelled? Although was showing on my account as cancelled!. Anyway whilst on the phone text comes through say congratulations and welcome to sim only blah blah. So yeah the next step was cancel that and convert that number back to payg so I can port the number take a few days...

.. this was completed friday so fills in the forms to port number yesterday said after completing form be done today 8th october between 11am and 5pm. 

Calls c/s for an update yes it's been done turn off phone take out sim replace and turn back on should be done right?? Pffft... nope! Calls back get a very obnoxious foreign person. So gets pee'd of with him asks to speak to manager and he was even worse!! So I'm now debating on canceling it all together unless this issue is resolved I'm at the very end of my tether! Is there anyone here that can help me check the status of this number port it's from vod to voda so I done see how it's been such a problem!

Thanks a very disgruntled customer!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok just spoke to c/s the lady on the phone says she has changed the number over for me. Says it will take 30 minutes does that sound legitimate or is it cods wallop??

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Not a good experience at all @Undood  and I understand your ready to throw in the towel....  :Sad_face:

Usually it takes 30 days to convert a Payg account to a Pay Monthly Contract.

It sounds like too many interactions with your account has occured.

But....

May I suggest to speak with the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have full account access.

They are the same team that help here but can't help here in regards to account access required assistance. You need to use the avenues in the above link to contact them.

Take into account you have 14 days as a cooling off period to cancel without penalty.

I truly wish you all the best.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks I'll give it a go 👍

AnnS

Hi @Undood 

It's only when changing from pay monthly to PAYG where it will take 30 days to complete, this is due to 30 days notice required for contract cancellation, for PAYG to contract the change will take no longer than 24 hours.  

I suspect what may have happened here is the port was already in progress for the SIM only, when the porting starts and the files start to move across from your previous provider it is difficult to impossible to stop.  However, there is no reason for Vodafone being unable to see what has happened and get this corrected with the number being put on the correct SIM.

Fortunately by coming to the forum you have found the best place to get this solved.

Thankyou for the reply.

I have spoken to the team on Facebook pretty much the same garble. 

Read notes from previous call ect...ect...(as my original post the arrogant one) and as that says no issue with anything it will be completed within 24h....I wont hold my breath. I've been unable to log into accounts due to 2 step authorization on the number I am keeping. Didnt make any changes to the accounts because I wasn't expecting it to be so much hassle sigh.... now we wait even longer.

Well its 1pm no sign of anything happening can someone please look into this for me now?? 

BandOfBrothers

@Undood wrote:

Well its 1pm no sign of anything happening can someone please look into this for me now?? 

I appreciate your frustrated and the Social Media Teams are very busy and will reply asap.

There is no account access via this forum at all under any circumstances, so the only way is customer service or social media

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok just spoke to c/s the lady on the phone says she has changed the number over for me. Says it will take 30 minutes does that sound legitimate or is it cods wallop??

Solved the nice lady was not pulling my leg. Thankyou to everyone that commented on this thread 👍