cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I change how long my Samsung phone rings before a call is sent to voicemail?

pintosal
4: Newbie

I'm having no success changing the ringing time before diverting to voice mail. My phone rings for about 15 seconds before diverting to voicemail, and I want to change it to 30.

I've chatted with support on line at least 6 times, and I've been into my local Vodafone shop, but getting nowhere.

I've been told to enter a number like **61*121*11*30#

But when I do, I get Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code . when no reply for All Basic Services

Customer services have then "reset my voicemail account" to no avail.

The Vodafone website has a slightly different set of instructions

Change the ringing time before diverting 
Your phone is set to ring for 15 seconds for all incoming calls before the call is diverted. You can change this to 5, 10, 20, 25 or 30 seconds.

To set up: enter **61* then the number you want to divert your calls to replacing the first 0 with +44 – followed by *10* and the number of seconds you want to change it to and ending with #. Then press send. So, for example, to change the ringing time to 20 seconds before the call diverts to 07700 900 123, you'd enter **61*+447700900123**10*20#.

When I enter this I get the same Call forwarding Connection problem or invalid MMI code . when no reply for All Basic Services

I have also tried **61*+447700900123**11*20# with the same error.

I'm getting very frustrated and reluctant to keep wasting so much time going through the same routine with support/chat, and with the same inevitable result.

Can anyone PLEASE help?

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @pintosal have you tried the procedure fully here?

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Voicemail/40854185/How-do-I-increase-the-time-befor...

After the 30# are you pressing call?

Yes, and it does not work for me

hrym

As far as I can see, the first number you've quoted is correct (121, of course, is the voicemail number and that's what you want - it'll pick up the mailbox associated with your own number).

Can you turn voicemail off and on again - 1210/call, then 1210/call?   If that works, then voicemail is working correctly.  If not, then it needs to be reset again.

Post back here and the forum team will be able to look at your account and get it sorted.

Following your instruction:

Dialling 1210 gives me a reply "Your voicemail service has now been switched off"

Dialling 1210 again does NOT say the service has been switched on. Instead it gives me the same message "Your voicemail service has now been switched off"

However, dialing 121 takes me to my voicemail, even though it is supposedly switched off.

All normal functions of listening to messages and deleting them work OK.

But, in Voicemail settings (Diverts) Option 4 > Option 3 says "Sorry, please try later"

It seems that my Divert settings are somehow locked.

For my information, is the Divert controlled on my phone, or at Vodafone's end?

Diverts are controlled through the network. To reactivate Voicemail the number is 1211, try dialling 121 after this as this may be causing you to receive the error messages. 

To cancel all diverts dial ##002#

hrym

@Toovs94is quite correct.  1211 does indeed turn voicemail back on.   The fact that calling 121 gets you through to the service suggests that it's working correctly - you should get that even if it's switched off (all 1210 does is stop unanswered calls going to voicemail, it doesn't disable the service completely.

After you've reactivated it (by calling 1211), try the ringer extension code again.  As far as I can see, the sequence of numbers, #s and *s is correct.   I've done it myself by that method.