Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I get a refund paid?

Silly_sausage
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On 21st January 2019 the ombudsman reached the decision that Vodafone needed to pay me a refund of £500.36 due to overcharging. Vodafone and I agreed to this. I have still not received this payment.

I phoned on 21st February 2019 to ask about the payment I was told I would receive it on 7 to 10 working days.

No payment received.

I phoned again on 13th March to say the payment had not been issued, Vodafone said it had. I was then requested to send copies of my bank statements to prove I have not received payment which I did. My email has not even been acknowledged despite making this request.

Still no payment - how long is this expected to take, and why do Vodafone agree to act on the Ombudsmans decisions yet don't follow this through?

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Can you let the Vodafone Social Media Teams here catch up with your thread and they'll bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and I'm sure they'll help you with this @Silly_sausage 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes of course.

Thank you

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Silly_sausage I'm really sorry to hear you've still not received your refund after this amount of time, I certainly understand how unsatisfying and frustrating this must be for you. So we're able to take a closer look into this and help get this resolved, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us.

Vodafone appear to be willing to help and make all the right noises, however nothing is followed through and still no refund.

It seems like fighting a battle.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Silly_sausage It's disappointing to hear you still haven't received your refund, I understand how frustrating this must be. Did you submit the required form to us, as advised in the private message I sent to you previously? If so, can you please confirm your reference number? It should look something like this [#12345678]. I'll then be able to check if we've received your details.

Yes Loz, I replied within an hour with all the information that was requested.

Vodafone have used a number of delay tactics - first of all saying it had been paid and I had to send bank statements to prove I had not received it, then they said that the BACS payment they sent had been unsuccessful.

I have spent over two hours on the phone to the customer relations team, surely once the Ombudsman decision has been made this should be honoured as agreeed by Vodafone on 21.1.2019

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Silly_sausage It's a shame to hear you've had this experience in relation to your refund, I know how frustrating this must be - especially if you've received conflicting information along the way. Usually once we've received your details, a member of our team will respond within 48 hours to assist you further with this.

Another 20 minute call to Vodafone in my 30 minute lunch break, spoke to Steve in the refund department who processed the refund - just have to wait another 5 days to receive it. Fingers crossed this time.

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for keeping us updated @Silly_sausage. Let us know if you have any further queries.