cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How can I talk to someone about my compliant? will it ever get resolved?

Marcin30
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I received a letter about Vodafone contract and outstanding balance. The balance is  816 pounds however I have not had the contract for the last 3 years may be more. I sign that contract more than 5 years for two years and after that  My ex-partner took over the contract without my consent and kept this in my name. He was using a different address and different card to pay for this. He used a different card to pay for this and ordered the new contract phone at his address but continued using my name.
He has been extending the contract using my name and date of birth which I did not give permission for him to do. 
After when i received the letter because before i didnt know nothing about that. What I would like to know from you is that if i can  transfer this debt to his name with immediate effect. Because I don’t know what to do right now . Can I reported that as a fraud ? Or Vodafone can transfer outstanding balance in that case on his name 
4 REPLIES 4

chistery
16: Advanced member

I am not a lawyer, so cannot answer the "is it fraud" question. but what do you think happened to the contract 3 years ago? If you didn't tell Vodafone to cancel it, how did your ex partner take over it without your knowledge?

If you had no knowledge of it then report it as fraud.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report_fraud

What is the situation now? Have you asked for the money and he's said no? I'd phone Vodafone and get them to put a bar on the SIM for now, whilst it's looked into. If it really is in your name and details, you should hopefully be able to do that. Can you access the account online and change the PIN and password?

Start to follow the Vodafone complaints process as well so that it's logged properly and tracked to a resolution.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/complaints

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Marcin30

If you were aware that the contract was still in your name, this should have been cancelled immediately by yourself.

Your ex partner has not been very fair on you and has got you in a lot of trouble by continuing to use a contract in your name and taken advantage of knowing your date of birth and personal information to obtain an upgrade.

Unfortunately, with the contract being in your name, this will make the debt your responsibility and need to be settled by you.  You also need to check your credit report, you will probably find a default marker, you can also blame your ex partner for ruining your credit rating.

However, wait for one of the Team to get to the thread, they will be able to make sure there is nothing further owing, advise further and put you in touch with the correct Team to make arrangements for clearing the balance.

chistery

Also, check your credit report for free at somewhere like https://www.clearscore.com

It will list the Vodafone account and the status of it, which may not be a pretty sight, but important to know what it says as it will affect future credit if there's a default.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Marcin30 I'm sorry to hear about your situation, it's certainly not ideal. 

So we're able to investigate into this with our Credit/Fraud team, please contact us directly using the information in my private message.

I'm unable to advise further at this stage of what sort of resolution may happen, as we look into these type of issues on a case by case basis.