cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How come new customers get better deals than longstanding customers.

Alex2019
3: Seeker

Hello everyone,

My 12-month sim only deal is about to expire. So you know, my current deal comes with 25gb of data, unlimited texts and minutes, spotify and all for £22.24.

I have been with Vodafone for more than a decade and have always managed to get a good deal. But it seems like things have changed.

With my current deal I am entitled to 40% discount until March 2020 but not all advisors I chatted with acknowledge this even if this info is in my agreement. And I find it infuriating that those who acknowledge this keep offering me the same deals that are on offer for everyone, including new customers but pretend that what they are offering me is some kind of special bespoke deal for longstanding customers.

Just to make things worse, they are offering new customers a 12 month sim only deal that comes with 20gb per month, including 10gb extra data for £20, including spotify.

I would like to get this deal but they can't offer me -a longstanding customer- the extra 10gb.

How is this fair?

Who else has been experiencing the same issues with Vodafone and their rude and dishonest advisors?

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Your current contract does not expire.

Instead it would drop onto a 30 day rolling contract and everything would remain the same.

i.e. you don't have to do nothing if your happy with your allowances and monthly charge.

As far as I'm aware Vodafone offer similar deals to both existing and new customers that are available at the time @Alex2019 

The difference is that a customer who is upgrading can speak to customer Retentions via dialing 191 and choosing the Thinking of Leaving option and they can offer a bit more sometimes dependent on what type of contract and tariff a person is on to entice a person to remain with them.

The same way where they add things to new contracts to entice new customers to Vodafone.

There isn't any loyalty so to speak.

You pay your monthly charge and Vodafone supply the signal and allowances and a new phone if a person is on a full monthly contract type.

It can sometimes pay to shop around by looking at independents such as CPW as one example,  although one has to make sure they upgrade you and not open up another line and some discounts such as VEA are not eligible if the contract isn't taken directly out via Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

I think you are right AnnS. They don't seem to honour their contracts.

I just chatted with them for the last time.

Same deals. Same excuses.

I start to believe their hands are also tied.

They used to be able to offer better deals. That's no longer the case.

I have made up my mind and will go with carphone warehouse. 

Thank you for your time. :Smiling:

beightonguru
6: Helper
6: Helper

The 40% discount you currently have was negioated for your current contract only. Therefore if you upgrade again, that will not be carried over. Its not an account discount, its an upgrade discount. Thats just the way it is, you can keep your current contract running to keep the discount but otherwise each contract you upgrade to has to be negotiated again. Just because you got it once does not mean you get it every time you upgrade i'm afraid.

Also you should be able to upgrade to 20GB entertainment for £20 if its still available. (sometimes the deals expire and are no longer available after that time)

RSW

Just thought I would let you know I'm in the same boat

Been with them for 20 years 10 with 2 lines, was on the 40% discount but now being told can't do that anymore most I will get is 35%

This means even staying with the same package it will still go up and they were quite happy to give me my PAC for both lines straight away

I just can't believe the apalling attitude, even went to the local shop and they couldn't help or even keep me on the existing deal 

It seams to be the new script that they are trying to sell it as a permium network, even so why do new customers get a better deal?

RSW

Wow! How inconsiderate! No wonder why Vodafone's been rated the worst mobile network provider and, let's not forget, rated worst for customer service.

Their attitude stinks. Whoever thought this would be a good strategy needs to be fired.

I hope and trust you'll find a better deal elsewhere. In this context, no deal is better than a bad deal. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with them.

Thats because 40% no longer exists for vodafone anymore, the discount is physically not on their system. Most they can offer on handsets is 30% and 35% on sim onlys. So its not appalling, you're just expecting a discount that they no longer have access to. They're still a business and need to make money. Many customers seem to forget this, would you operate a business at a loss just to bend over backwards for every customer?

Just because you have been with them for a certain length of time does not mean you can expect prices and expectations beyond possible boundaries. If you called in a plumber for a service, and he gave you a quote. Would you then say to him "Well thing is, i've used your company a looong time. This is how much i want to pay you"  They would tell you to find another plumber then, Exactly. You come to vodafone for a service, they are providing you with that service. They have to negotiate buy in costs for devices and their costs vary depending on that. 

If they gave you a PAC it means there was nothing else to offer you and you werent happy with that deal, thats your prerogative. If you dont like the prices then leave and move to another network, but i guarantee you'll be in this same position with them after 2 years when you cant get a deal you like.

in this instance the plumber is not only attempting to charge us more while working less, but he's also charging us more than he's charging new customers.

As for discounts, he used to offer me 40% discount but he now tells me I am not entitled to any discount, not even the 35% he is said to be offering other customers.

haha your funny

I would not expect the plumber I have used for the last 20 year to rip me off in the first place!

Yes the discounts do still exist just look at the 20gb £20 deal at the moment 50% off normal.

It's not just the fact they are putting up my existing contract by removing the discount, it's the fact they are not offering me anything like what is available to new customers either in price or included data and min.

I guess they must be hard up as they only made £2.5bn last year

https://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2018/05/15/vodafone-sees-turnaround-as-profits-for-2018-hit-2-5bn/

must have been all from me

They're not ripping you off. Any offers on the website are for upgrades or new customers aslong as the promotion is still available. Demanding what you want to pay is ludicrous really. Its entitled. You dont go into tesco and stand at the till shouting at the operator for cheaper bread because you've had it cheaper before or because its cheaper at asda :Cry_Laughing:

Well yeah so dont forget how much money they make, so you as one customer will not make the difference so just go elsewhere, but just remember then you cant pull the im a loyal customer card and expect high discounts. :Smiling:

Your analogies are so incredibly flawed to the point of being laughable. 😛

He/she is probably an undercover customer service advisor.