main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay monthly

How di I get proof of purchase/ order confirmation to enable redemption of samsung headphone offer

Highlighted
3: Seeker

This week just gets better !!

Firstly, my Warrant card isnt acceptable photographic proof of identity for the Bluewater Store, despite being assured by VF Corporate Security team that it is.  2hrs of my time and 30 mile round trip to be refused collection of upgrade device due to fraud prevention measures.  I mean, a serving officer, with valid ID, Bills and debit card, all verifiable and recorded on CCTV - how much more secure does it need to be ?

Start again, cancel original order, create new one and the phone is delivered to a different address and received by a different person.  Like thats truly fraud prevention at its finest !!

During the reorder process, specific questions were asked about existing SIM card compatibility and proof of purchase to enable redemption of the samsung headphones offer.  Assured the SIM would fit, and paperwork was in the package to be delivered.   Unsurprisingly, the SIM card didnt fit, there was no replacement card and no documentation in the package.

Attempted a SIM swap at Bluewater, but warrant card still refused despite being assured it was OK the day before - another 2hrs and 30 wasted miles and the phone I'm now paying for is not able to be used.  Formal complaint lodged and basically fobbed off by the indian call centre less than 24hrs later. 

When I enquired about getting said proof of purchase or copy of order notification, I get directed to a webpage www.vodaphone.co.uk/pop that clearly states the document available from that location is not acceptable for the offer

HOW ON EARTH DO I GET THE REQUISITE PROOF REQUIRED BY SAMSUNG?

https://20191.samsungpromotions.claims/gb/en/pages/akgy500gift/pop-examples

examples from the samsung site of docs required

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
17: Community Champion

Totally appreciate and understand your frustration here.

After all , all your wanting is the contract , phone and accessory bundled as an offer by Vodafone which is reasonable.

In regards to I.D as far as I'm aware Photo I.D is the requirement, which in my view as a fellow customer, a Warrant Card should have been enough. That and or a Drivers Licence or Passport.

Usually the Proof of Purchase route is How-do-I-get-a-proof-of-purchase-usage.

If this isn't sufficient then either customer services on 191 or Live Chat should be able to help you or contact the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries as they have full account access.

Most of the sim cards supplied by Vodafone UK are now multi sims.

This is where the sim is already pre cut and pushes out of each other.

People who are upgrading should be able to use their original sim card if it's the correct size or can be pushed out of the sim card if it's a multi sim version.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3: Seeker

mark

thank you, unfortunately thr aged s4 mini only had a nom multi sim in micro, but call centre have sorted that

unfortunately.

the proof of purchase link also clearly states it is not the document required to redeem offer......... which suggests to me that others have had the same problem

191 / customer unhelpful services /  live chat all direct to the wrong webpage (the one saying its not the document required by samsung)  TOBI doesnt understand and im getting nowhere fast

View more options

Oh no! This isn't good to hear @seanie, I certainly understand how concerning and frustrating this can be. So a member of our team can get this looked into for your right away and provide the best possible options for you,  please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Don't forget to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

View more options