cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I get a complaint taken seriously?

composite
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I made a complaint some weeks ago about an account issue and it has made zero progress in this time. The problem I am getting is that when I log in to my online account it tells me that I can upgrade. When I click on the button to proceed I'm redirected to webshop.vodafone.co.uk which asks me for my credentials again. When I enter them here all I get is a message that my user name or password is not recognised. If I try to click on the reset password link from here I get a 404 error message, page not found. 

I have spoken to numerous people in online chat, by phone including those in the technical team and have been told every time I call that I need to reset my password, that my account needs to be reset or that it needs to be cleansed. 

None of these things make the slightest difference and I am fed up with being fobbed off with no recognition of a problem let alone a resolution, even from the complaints team. 

How do I get anyone at Vodafone to engage with this seriously and sort it out?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Have you tried the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  ?

Failing that hopefully the Vodafone Highstreet Stores will reopen sometime on or after the 15/6/20 so a person can upgrade in the store if one is convenient to get to @composite 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Sadly I've spend spent many hours now discussing this with Vodafone staff on the phone and online. I don't want to be using a shop as the deals are different and all I am wanting to do is sign up to a new contract and be able to review the deals available to existing customers before committing to anything. It is so simple yet utterly impossible to get anywhere.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@composite If you contact us on Social Media, we'll be able to look into the online account upgrade deals access issue. Have you considered calling Sales directly on 191 though? In my own experiences and previous cases, I've always found they have a more wider variety of offers than you'd find in the online account.

If you need help contacting us on Social Media, the ways how are outlined in this Post.

Initially Go via the official complaints email which should be on the Vodafone website down at the bottom of the page, there should be a link somewhere t,hey' legally have to give u a customer complaints  contact option

Make sure you keep all your interactions whether in live chat or by phone (date and time etc) 

If this gets no response or resolution then go to RESOLVER 

"Need to resolve an issue?

Let's get this sorted.

Who is your issue with?

Search for any company Here

A completely free service" 

Resolver act as a go-between so you contact them they contact the company  and they let you know the response if this response is not forthcoming they will alert you or if you're not happy with the response it can then be escalated to be forwarded on by resolver to the relevant ombudsman 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I can't help with withe complaint, but I assume you have tried another browser? I have a lot of issues with the Vodafone website and Chrome, so now use Firefox for it.

richardbradley
4: Newbie

Hi @composite,

Did you ever get your complaint taken seriously?

It is now 2 months since My Vodafone Account started showing me "Page not found Error code: 404" immediately after entering the one-time password. 

All that seems to happen is that the problem is escalated to someone who seems to think that either resetting my password or deleting my account and forcing me to reregister for My Vodafone Account will solved the problem - it hasn't!  On more than one occasion I have been promised that a manager will call me back "within 24 hours" - and they haven't!

So what does it take to get a complaint taken seriously?

I am yet again listening to on-hold music while waiting to be transferred to the Customer Relations department.  I'm using this time to write a letter to: Customer Relations Manager, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN.  Do we really have to resort to the postal mail system to be taken seriously by an organisation that has gone so far down a digital transformation?

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @richardbradley - I can assure you that we take any issue/query or complaint seriously and will do everything we can to resolve it. Could you attach a screenshot of the error message you are getting please?

Is this on both the MyVodafone app and your online account?

The problem is with the online browser version of MyVodafone Account. 

(The MyVodafone app works to an extent but it only shows me information about my mobile plan and nothing about billing for my other Vodafone services - broadband and landline).

Two months after first reporting the problem I now have someone from the complaints team monitoring progress and a complaint reference number (ref: 17149351).

I would be very interested to know whether anyone else is experiencing the same problem "Page not found Error code: 404" immediately after entering the security code (after username and password).  I've attached a screen-shot of the error.