cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long does it take to get a replacement sim ?

Gary666
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Sim went faulty so ordered a new one on the 7th Jan, still nothing in the post. I chat online most days now with the reps and everyday they say it will arrive tomorrow.  I have exactly the same conversation every day now, the same courteous replies, (i'm probably talking with an auto reply bot) but still no sim. Surely two weeks (so far) waiting for a replacement sim is not right ?

Forgot to add, my nearest vodafone shop is six hours away (nwscot)

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Gary666 

You should be able to get a plain blank numberless SIM sent by contacting Customer Services and do the number swap through your online account.  

As there seems to be some problems, you can do a SIM swap through a Vodafone Store and they will have the number transferred to the new SIM in less than an hour.  The only thing you need to do through a store is take some form of photo ID.

edit sorry just noticed your edit with the store being a six hour journey.

Follow this link for direct help from the Social Media Team, they will be able to make sure you receive a replacement SIM:  Contact Us 

Unfortunately i dont have an online account and i cant register either because it requires the phone, (i also fear it may take two weeks for the blank sim to arrive if i could). Travel to a vodofone shop is a car / ferry journey or flight, so too expensive.  

So, I've put my request in, it comes through the post - we've all agreed on that, but having two weeks without a phone in the back end of nowhere is a bit long to wait, you know, emergencies, family, job etc, does it normally take this long ?

Sorry, just saw your reply :Smiling:

I give up, i'm back with the automated reply system again, ever decreasing circles............................be quicker moving contract 

Surely the sims are tracked in the post ?

BandOfBrothers

Do you know anyone such as family, friends or friends of friends that are nearer to a Vodafone Highstreet Store that could perhaps pop in and pick up a blank sim card and they post you it @Gary666 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

As said above  i dont have an online account, i cant register because i dont have a working sim card. 

Its really simple, i phone up, pass the quiz, request a repacement sim and it gets sent through the post

Whats so difficult ? 

AnnS

Hi @Gary666 

If you find problems persists with Customer Services, as suggested contact the Social Media Team.

Plain bank numberless SIM's are a serious fraud and security concern and stores will not give out blank SIM's to anyone who request them, this has to be done by the account holder on proof of identity with the number change done in store.

Every day i have the same conversation with customer services, everday i get the same replies, almost word for word 

'It will be there tomorrow' , they lie to me to end the call and do nothing about it.

I pay for a service and frankly my dear vodafone dont give a flying monkeys, i'm getting sick of this now, i need my phone back in action, there's nothing more i can do from my end but wait for somebody somewhere to do the job they are paid to do.

If i request the PAC number what kind of a nightmare will i have transferring to a reputable supplier ? On reading some of the posts on this board, Vodafone can ruin lives...............like they are slowly doing to me

hrym

It sounds as though there's a record of it being despatched and that it may have got lost in the post.   I don't know, but I doubt it would be tracked as a blank SIM has limited use.

Your best bet would be to contact the Social Media team (as has been suggested) via Facebook or Twitter.   They can take your details privately and investgate properly.   If authorisation for a further replacement is necessary, they should be able to give/get it.