Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to get mobile number for sim in 4g tablet when PUK locked

tch
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a Vodafone VF1397 4g Tablet that I accidentally put the wrong sim unlock number in & it is now asking for a PUK code. Unfortunately I never took any notice of the sim's phone number. Is there any way of getting the phone number from the sim serial number printed on the sim? I have tried putting sim into a phone & dialling *#101# but it will not read sim as its asking for PUK code. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

OK, obvious question.   Have you spoken to Customer Services and asked for a new PUK?   The automated system wants your number, but I believe that, if you consistently don't give it (possibly 4 times), you will eventually get through.  You should be able to get them to identify the account from other information as far as I'm aware.  If you have another Vodafone number, you should be able to use that and then explain that you're not talking about that number - make sure they're aware of that, or you'll get a PUK for that and not the data SIM!

(Actually, I think I'd get them to give me the data SIM number, then ring off and call back to talk about that one).

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@tch If you haven't already obtained your PUK, we'll be happy to get this for you to help unlock the device. I've sent you a private message with instructions to get in touch, please follow the steps and we'll contact you to resolve this.