Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to keep same number

Usali
1: Seeker

How can I keep my same number after buying a new Vodafone contract from third party . is there any switch number or package option 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.

Is your original contract near it’s end date ? If not then actioning the above would end it and invoke any relavent early termination fee. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have been informed by the Live Chat reps that once a new contract is taken out, you can simply contact Vodafone and request they switch the old number in. They advised this should take up to 24 hours and that when the number is swapped, the previous contract will terminate and the final bill be generated.

I'm hoping to do the same this week after identifying a Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal through a third party which is significantly better value than Vodafone retentions department would offer.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Unless the process has changed recently, you cannot move a nu,mber from one contract to another.

Note this is Vodafone Policy and not restricted by System.

Why don't you ask the Third Party to Upfrade you rather then new line?

BandOfBrothers

@wwhyte92

The Live Chat Agent has not got this right on this occasion. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.