Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to leave Vodafone?

Dreadful
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have tried all week to cancel my contract. Repeated phone calls. When I eventually get through the system is down. Promised callbacks which I never receive. Tried messenger which is useless. Stores refused to talk to me.

Is it just me?

9 REPLIES 9

MWS1968
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Not just you. I am currently been on hold for 2 hours and counting. Tried contacting them via social media as well. No response. Wonder if someone has stolen all Vodafone customer service agents, have they simply just vanished or is it a case of the customer service is simply appalling.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If you've reached the end of your contract and do not want to keep your mobile number then Vodafone need 30 days notice. 

Or if you want to keep your number but on Vodafone Payg then ask for the transfer which takes 30 days and cancels your contract or ask for a Pac and give that to your new network within 30 days and as soon as they use it to take control of your mobile number your Vodafone contract will cease immediately as no 30 days notice is needed this route. 

In order to pass security checks you'll need to call them tho. 

Leave the direct debit in place until the final bill is taken in 2_4 weeks and then you'll receive a £0 bill and sorry your leaving letter which confirms account ceasure. 

It'll be busy on a weekend so I'd suggest to call them on Monday morning. 

A store wont be able to help with Acount closure and would only advise you to contact customer services. The stores are in place to open contracts and sell phones and accessories. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Unfortunately this reply is really unhelpful.

I know how to cancel, it is having to wait on hold for hours to do so is disgraceful. I have been with this company since it started but now had enough.

I know stores will not help and indicating it may be a bust weekend is not acceptable. I work on Mondays and cannot teach while on hold with Vodafone.

As for 30 day notice, waiting until Monday to try and call again to get through means that it would techinally be 32 days notice for me, so again this is unacceptable. As it is the 191 number and free, if I have to wait until tonight and then get cut off, so be it!!

A very disgruntled and hopefully soon to be ex-customer!!

With respect, you have not read or answered my question. I have tried to give 30 days notice but no one is accepting that as an instruction. I have been verified many times.

I have tried calling during the week to avoid peak periods but to no avail.

Contractually perhaps you can accept this message as written confirmation of 30 days notice being served and to provide me with my PAC code in any communicaiton channel that you deem appropriate.

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone will need to take you through security checks to confirm.your the account holder which is why you need to call them. 

May I ask what the Vodafone agents have

responded with when you've tried to give your 30 days notice ?

Leaving a post on an open Community forum isn't going to be accepted I'm sorry to say. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

The most common response has been that the system is down. I have asked that a note is left to say that notice has been given but they have told me they are not allowed to use a pen and paper. Today I was verified and then told I had to be transferred and the connection was terminated.

If you need to verify me then I can give you more information of these attempts of contact which will tie in with your records.

Also, can you confirm on what legal basis you will not accept notice to be served in this manner?

63johnw

Hi @Dreadful @BandOfBrothers is a customer just like you so he can’t accept any form of notice that you want to leave. 

Well good news for me (sort of)....2hrs 23mins and 24secs I eventually get onto someone to cancel but now be placed on hold twice since then

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MWS1968 @Dreadful I'm sorry to see you're both thinking of leaving us and that you've been experiencing issues when submitting your requests. Have you since been able to reach our dedicated team through 191 or Live Chat to process this? 

If you're continuing to experience any issues, please follow the details in the private message that will be sent to you both individually. A member of our team will then be in touch once we receive your details.