Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Huawei Mate 20 Pro Promotion

Beastie
4: Newbie

Hi all, I am on my 4th Huawei Mate 20 Pro after the first two had 'Green Screen Bleed' issues and the 3rd had a damaged front screen. To top it off I have not received my Huawei Watch GT after pre-ordering the phone. My claim was validated on 22nd Nov. Does anyone else have the same problem? I am thinking of going to Trading Standards, Watchdog and the Ombudsman and perhaps a class action is the best approach.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Beastie

From terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/offers-and-promotions/huawei-mate-20-pro-pre-order-terms-and-co...

I can see it says  9. The Qualifying Products are subject to availability while stocks last.

10. The Administrator will post the Gift Bundle within 30 days of successful claim validation, to the address provided by the Participant in the claim form and, the Gift Bundle will require a signature on delivery. "

Your not that much over the 30 days.

Less if they mean working days.

Has customer service on 191 or Live Chat advised anything in regards to the promotion if you've contacted them ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I spoke to Huawei Promotions earlier today and in their words 'We don't know when we can send you the GT watch and wireless charger' . I had to go out and spend £160 on a Huawei Watch 2 Sport (nice Amazon discount) so my teenage son got similar to what he wanted (and promised) on Christmas Day and not spend the day in tears.

If I was 'a few days late' paying my Vodafone bill no doubt I would be in hot water with a negative credit rating attached (costing potentially £1000's).

Such clauses shouldn't be hidden in the contract and not explained clearly when pre-ordering. My contract is with Vodafone and not Huawei. Vodafone complaints were helpful but could not get any clarification from Huawei on when it 'could arrive'.

This is the email I have just received (i.e 31st Dec) from Huawei Promotions, please note the 'some weeks' comment. I don't think this is acceptable, do you? Also I was one of the first to apply online for validation (literally minutes from when it was open online), so by implication NONE of the promotional material has been received in the 30 days as stated in the T&C's of the Vodafone / Huawei pre-order offer.

''Thank you for your call and email.

I have queried with my supervisors and they say that we do have all the watches and wireless chargers to fulfil all outstanding orders.

These will be sent out as fast as possible starting with the oldest first.

All should be sent out in some weeks but we can not get more specific time frame at this point''.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the delay in supplying your free gifts @Beastie. As advised in the email you've received. The stock is now available and is being sent out to customers as soon as possible.