cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can stream Sky but can't download to watch later.

davesfireblade
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just activated my new sim. It is Red 120GB plan. I was watching Sky on my mobile and decided to download and watch later. It doesn't download, I just get "download queued". If I use my other sim (either 3 or Talkmobile) it downloads. Must be something in settings but can't figure it out. 

15 REPLIES 15

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @davesfireblade - I wonder you have your downloads 'paused'? (This is what I found in regards to Sky Q by doing a bit of Googling so it might be slightly different on Sky Mobile). Could you try going to Recordings from the Home screen, then Manage and then select Manage and then select Downloading: 

• Prioritise a download:  Find the show you want to push to the top of the download queue then select Start download or Resume download.
  • Cancel a download: Find the show then select Cancel download.
  • Delete a queued download: Find the show then select Delete.
  • Pause your download queue: Select Pause queue to pause all downloads (you can’t pause one at a time). To start downloading again, select Resume downloads.

Thanks. But it isn't anything to do with the Sky Go app. If I change sim cards I can download. I presume it's something to do with the sim settings or something. 

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

How strange @davesfireblade - Just to check, do you have the latest update of the Sky Go app?

Are you able to download media via other apps such as Spotify, Netflix etc? Could you send a screenshot of the error message you are getting please? 📸

Yes, I can download with other apps so looks like a problem with sky go app. No updates due. Nothing on sky go app in settings regarding mobile network. Phone settings are set to allow download via sim. All very strange.

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Very odd! Have you asked the same questions in a Sky forum @davesfireblade?

Do you have WiFi? If so, can you download it via WiFi?

Also make sure you keep the Sky Go app open while it's trying to download the media 😊

Yes I have WiFi. But I wanted to download while away from home.

Hey @davesfireblade, if you're able to download when connected to WiFi, it sounds like there's no problems with storage on your device. So the next thing to check would be the download settings on the app. You can do this by going to settings and then the Download Settings tab. You should then be able to allow downloads over a mobile connection.

Thanks for the reply. The settings are fine. The app itself doesn't give options regarding mobile data, but when I go to seerings/apps/sky go/mobile data it shows I have used mobile data while streaming. This is what's confusing. It will let me stream over mobile network but not download.

Sorry for that @davesfireblade I thought you were able to update the options through the app, I'm not a Sky customer, so my knowledge is a little limited. 

I've taken a look into this and looking at the information I've found online, you'll need Sky Go Extra to download shows to laptops, mobiles and tablets. I've checked out Sky's online help and can see there's a step by step guide to getting set up for downloading via a mobile connection.  You can also check if you have Sky Go Extra on your account it should appear here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/tv

If it's not showing in your account, install the MySky app and activate the VIP program within it, then you might be able to claim the free Sky Go Extra reward.

Let me know how you get on after trying these options 😊