cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can stream Sky but can't download to watch later.

davesfireblade
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Just activated my new sim. It is Red 120GB plan. I was watching Sky on my mobile and decided to download and watch later. It doesn't download, I just get "download queued". If I use my other sim (either 3 or Talkmobile) it downloads. Must be something in settings but can't figure it out. 

15 REPLIES 15

I've been using Sky Go for years. What is strange is that when I was using my old sim card (3 mobile) I was able to download. Now I have inserted my Vodafone sim in doesn't record but allows me to stream. 

Did the steps in my last post not help @davesfireblade?

No. As I keep saying. I have Sky Go extra and I've been using it for years. As you can see from the screen shot, Sky Go e tra is installed and working.Screenshot_20210308-143815_Sky Go.jpg

Farai
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thank you for that @davesfireblade I would recommend that you double check the network settings on the phone while the Vodafone SIM is in the device, it's possible the Mobile Data settings are set up for your EE sim.  You take a look at our device guides here

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If that was the case, would any mobile data connections work?  AFAIK, the OP is only having an issue with Sky.

FWIW, and I don't think it's the same issue, but downloads on BBC iPlayer fail (silently) for me if I'm using a VPN.  If it was that, I'd expect it to fail on any network and wifi as well, but it might be something to consider???

I have managed to change settings in the Netflix and Prime video apps to allow download over mobile network and both work. I presume the problem is with the Sky Go app rather than any network settings. I have messaged their support and awaiting response.