Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I can’t receive text messages since switched to Vodafone

Cengiz
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

Since I switched to Vodafone from Voxi (19thSep) which is sister company of Vodafone, I can’t receive text messages. This is causing real pain to me at moment as I can’t get any security codes to reach bank, email, government and vodafone accounts. I have spent hours probably near 10 hours on help center to go through all troubleshooting questions, ordered new sim, changed phone and reset all settings but nothing worked. I believe something happened while porting in Vodafone from Voxi but couldn’t find out what the issue is actually Vodafone couldn’t find the error let’s say. So, I wanted to take my chance last time here before moving to another network and cancelling my contract. Is there anybody else here has come across same issue or any advice on alternative solution?

Thanks.

Ivo

12 REPLIES 12

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Cengiz 

You really shouldn't be having this problem transferring from Voxi to Vodafone.

When you changed from Voxi to Vodafone, this is the same process as moving from PAYG to pay monthly and you would have need to complete this form with your Voxi number.  https://vodafoneinlifeporting.co.uk/ilp/web-forms/pay-as-you-go-to-pay-monthly/

When the form was completed and the number transferred you would have continued using the same SIM as you were using on Voxi.

The best way forward is to let the Social Team look at your account, you can speak to the Team by following this link Contact Us Don't forget the link to the thread, the last thing you need is to having to repeat yourself.

Hi AnnS,  

Thanks for your reply. 

I have already completed my porting through live chat team, asked also Voxi team to remove and close everything. You are right about sim card and kept using same sim but technical team wanted to send me new one with thinking it could be because of faulty sim. I’ll try to contact Social team as you advised and hopefully they come up with better solution.

It’s been now nearly 10days and still no help from Vodafone, same on social team. It seems I have to cancel my contract with Vodafone.

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cengiz When contacting us on Social Media, have you received a response yet? If so, have they explained why they're unable to help with receiving texts? 

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Cengiz When contacting us on Social Media, have you received a response yet? If so, have they explained why they're unable to help with receiving texts? 

@Josh I have received answer to my message on Saturday and someone took my account details to look into the issue but since then no one came back to me...

Hi @Cengiz I located your post and believe your query has been dealt with now, if though you do need us to chase this up again please let us know 😊

Hi Andy,

They needed to disconnect and reconnect my sim card/connection. It is now resolved and can get text messages, thank you.

Switched to vodafone and he’ll can’t receive SMS at all. Can someone help ?