Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I changed my phone and the new one can't connect to the underground wifi

dessy_m
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi all, 

I changed my phone recently and try to log in with my Vodafone account to the underground wifi and it didn't work. It kept on saying "There was a problem with the signing in. Please try again later" or something down that line. It kept on going for weeks. So I called Vodaphone and they advised to go to a store. No one could help me at the store as my number is a company number and the account is a business account. I was advised to try from a different phone, so I changed my phone. However, this keeps on happening! I wanted to delete my Vodafone online account, but I can't because I need to delete it as a part of the business account. Can someone advise what to do?

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @dessy_m

Your WiFi should just auto connect. 

If it isnt then it might be due to something with the WiFi service your trying to connct to. 

The Team here are unable to access business accounts so you would need to call 191 and speak to your Account manager. 

Can you put your sim card back in your original phone that it worked with previously to see if it still works. 

Alternatively, you can log in using your My Vodafone username and password. The Virgin Media portal will open automatically when you start your browser. From there, choose the Vodafone icon, enter your My Vodafone username and password, and refresh your browser.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dessy_m Following on from the information provided by @BandOfBrothers, you're able to find more information on the London Underground WiFi here

If you did need further help after trying the above steps, please let us know 🙂

@Alexwrote:

@dessy_m Following on from the information provided by @BandOfBrothers, you're able to find more information on the London Underground WiFi here

If you did need further help after trying the above steps, please let us know 🙂

Hi

I did all the steps advised and same thing is happening. It just says "We are experiencing a problem with our wifi service,  please try again". And after 5 tries it locks it for 15min. And this is now going on for almost a month and I try every morning and afternoon. 

@BandOfBrotherswrote:

Hi @dessy_m

Your WiFi should just auto connect. 

If it isnt then it might be due to something with the WiFi service your trying to connct to. 

The Team here are unable to access business accounts so you would need to call 191 and speak to your Account manager. 

Can you put your sim card back in your original phone that it worked with previously to see if it still works. 

Alternatively, you can log in using your My Vodafone username and password. The Virgin Media portal will open automatically when you start your browser. From there, choose the Vodafone icon, enter your My Vodafone username and password, and refresh your browser.

Hi

It doesn't connect automatically. I need to go through the Virgin portal and if you can open the attached you will see the message I get every time.

I can't switch to my old phone because I don't have it. I am asking who I need to contact to fix this?

BandOfBrothers

Going from this recent similar thread @dessy_m its possibly not at Vodafones end. 

You may need to raise this with the underground as Vodafone have no say or control of outside services. 

WiFi-on-London-Underground-not-working-well.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrotherswrote:

Going from this recent similar thread @dessy_m its possibly not at Vodafones end. 

You may need to raise this with the underground as Vodafone have no say or control of outside services. 

WiFi-on-London-Underground-not-working-well.

Bit it is not just one station, I've tried 7 different stations including Victoria, where I was with my friend who connected easily. 

Any other  suggestions?  Do you know who should I contact ?

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

I had this problem and to be honest can't remember exactly what I did to fix it but I am fairly certain that I did a scan from the wifi settings menu and 'forgot' both of the likely networks.  There is/was a Virgin network and a Vodafone network remembered on my phone so they both went.  I scanned again and connected to one of them using a blank browser page which I had tried to open before I turned the wifi on.  If I let the wifi connection do it without the page being there, it was disrupted and wouldn't load.  I'm not sure which network it connects to but I will update after I check on Monday.

TimGriff6
13: Advanced Member

The network I have my phone connected to is VodafoneWIFI.  VirginWifi and Virginmedia are also available but I don't think that either of them works for me.