Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I’m not sure if my ex partners contract is in my name

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me, my ex partner has a contract but I’m not sure if it’s in my name, a payment has been coming out of my bank, but I have recently just spoken to him for him to change the payments to come out of his bank, now the payment has not been taken from my bank, so does that mean the contract is in his name as he has an account with vodaphone and I don’t. I think we just used my bank for payments, how would I find out.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Unless your ex was the contract owner Vodafone wouldn't have been able to speak to him to arrange the payment change.

The account holder would have access to an online account for management and would also receive billing advise texts on a monthly basis.  When the account was opened, Vodafone would also have sent a email detailing all that was agreed.

The best person to ask would be your ex partner, he should be in a position to know who is the account holder.  If the account is in your name, you need to get this fully changed through the Change of Ownership route here: Transfer of ownership 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous, as @AnnS has advised, the best way to resolve this would be to speak to your ex-partner and discuss who's name the account its under. You can also give us a call on 0333 3040 191, or pop our Social media team a message here. We'll be able to advise if there is an account in your name, but we wouldn't be able to advise if there is an account in your ex-partner's name.

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Another option is to sign up for Clearscore. It's a free and gives you access to your credit report. If you do have a Vodafone account then the details as well as the payment history will be on there. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have messaged VodafoneUK on Twitter with all of my details and it’s been hours and they haven’t got back to me

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous, we're extremely busy here at the moment and it's taking us longer than usual to get back to everyone. Rest assured, we will reply as soon as we reach your post and I'm sure we'll be able to get everything sorted when we do.