cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I returned my new line and cancelled but I’m still being charged!!

BeauC
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, 

I returned my new device within the 14 day period and cancelled as I was not happy, I returned it in store as advised. I then received a text from Vodafone saying my bill was overdue I called them as I had paid my two current lines they then proceeded to inform me that I hadn't paid my line line for 2 months now!!! I explained I returned this phone on the 20th February in store they explained they have no notes of this and to go back into store. Which as this current time all your stores are closed. Both my current lines were restricted and I keep getting texts to say they will try my direct debit again! This is ridiculous i need assistance and not just to be left without a  working network device because of in a store error 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @BeauC 

I can see why you were not expecting a bill for the returned phone and contract attached to it.

Your 100% right that going to the store isn't available yet due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Did the Vodafone Highstreet Store give you any paperwork confirming they had taken receipt of the phone and cancelled the contract may I ask ?

This would help you be able to prove you returned it.

Something like this you could take a picture of and send it electronically if customer services ask for it.

In the interim I'd suggest to contact customer services on 191 or Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  to ask if they can do something for you.

Unfortunately there is no account access assistance via this forum anymore.

Now you may not agree with me on the next part !

If this was my situation I would pay the amount owed to protect my Credit Score as Vodafone could in the extreme without warning add a default that severely affects it.

It's much much easier acquiring a refund than it is getting a default removed from a Credit File.

Now of course that's what I would do and it's completely up to you what avenue you choose.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks so much for your reply! I have messaged via their Facebook messenger platform. Really appreciate your help, first time using this community page, hopefully it gets sorted :Smiling:

AnnS

Hi @BeauC 

Although you would have returned the phone within the 14 day returns policy, but there would still have been some line rental due for the time you had the contract.  

The best way to get this solved would be through the Social Media Team on the link left by @BandOfBrothers , they will be able to check your account, confirm the new device contract you returned to the store is cancelled and make sure there is nothing further owing for the time you had the new number.

Thank you for your help! I have done so just awaiting a reply :Smiling: