Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Important information about your plan

Franckc
2: Seeker

On 11th October I received an email from vodafone advising that my plan would change after 30 days to increase free minutes and add data at a reduced monthly cost.

So far, I can't see that there have been any changes either to minutes or data.

Despite speaking to the call centre and tweeting, I'm met with a brick wall by vodafone customer service who know nothing about any expected changes to my account.

Which leads me to suspect that this may be some sort of scam and my personal data has been leaked - the email included my full name and account number.

Has anyone else received a similar email from vodafone?

Or is this just a case of vodafone customer service knowing nothing about customer accouts?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I would assume something would be in your account notes so that any official offer could be supported. 

There is further official info in this link which also includes an email address in the section 'What should you do about phishing scams?'

The link is > Vodafone/protecting-our-customers/phishing.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

63johnw

Hi @Franckc how long have you had your current plan? It could be that the plan you were on is being discontinued do you are being moved to  current plan.

Cookie48

I received the same email 18/10 and I it does mention the need to close some older plans and I would be switched to a new plan. Goes on to say “ nothing you need to do-we will switch you over to your new plan after 30 days and send a confirmation letter or email”

not happened to date but does not seem to be a scam to me.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

I would wait until the next billing cycle to check.

Vodafone have to give 30 days Notice to make any changes to your contract. So they send out an Email all at the same time, but not change it until your next billing cycle after 30 days are up, to avoid mixed Data/Mins/Text allowances.

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Franckc We do sometimes give notice that we're making changes to your plan, this is for a number of reasons i'e changes to regulations.

I'd advise you keep checking your priceplan on your My Vodafone account for any changes.

If you've any further questions, please feel free to reply to our post.