Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incompetent, rude and terrible customer services

Gwilymsion
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

A new mobile customer a new contract and I’ve had nothing but a series of problems. Vodafone are unable to manage the simplest of things, direct debits, customer name, raising complaints, dealing with complaints. Going round and around in a circle- resolution team are extreamly rude and unprofessional. The worst customer service I’ve ever experienced anywhere - complaints can’t be lodged , staff lie to you saying that it’s on the system and they’ll call you back when you learn days later that a complaint was not raised at all and then nothing’s done about it. You eventually get through to another person and they say there are nothing at all revised on your account - that’s really handy when you’ve told them that you want copys of all rude conversations and transcripts to produce as evidence to Ombudsmen. 

30 days termination notice given. Can’t wait to leave this awful company.

22 REPLIES 22

bedstuy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

It's absolutely the worst company I've ever had to deal with. I've experienced everything you say, and worse. The staff shout you down and argue with you , and then phone you back when you hang up to shout at you some more. I've told them repeatedly to stop phoning me, to communicate by email, and I went through periods where they were calling me every day.  It's like being in an abusive relationship, and you can't get out - the PAC code they issued me - valid for only 28 days not the 30 days they're meant to be valid for -- won't work, and they won't give me another one until it expires. I filed a complaint so I could go through the steps I need to to make a complaint to OFCOM, but I'm simply worn out. This has been going on for months, and I thought today I'd finally be free. I will never do business with them again.  

I think it’s a srategy of theirs not allow you to complain and to distort the traces of their abusive conduct. Improper conduct throughout - disgraceful behaviour. 

donnyguy
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

Firstly, it doesn't sound like you're having a great time at the minute when it comes to dealing with Vodafone and that's never a great thing but your post (nor the reply underneath) doesn't really give any information as to the specifics of the problems so here's some advice that will help you.

1. If you have a complaint, log it. That's the first step. Vodafone then have to deal with your complaint in line with their processes and procedures and if this isn't done within a certain amount of time, you'll have the right to go to the Ombudsman. So go to www.vodafone.co.uk/complaints and select an option to get it logged and on file.

2. If you want any information that Vodafone hold on you. Make a DSAR request. These are charged at £10 (unless this has changed) and you can request the information you need. 

The reason I'm giving you this advice is, you seem to be saying that complaints aren't being logged (which if correct is a big problem), you're asking for transcripts (but haven't said whether you've made a formal DSAR request for these) to supply to the Ombudsmen (who will turn you away if you haven't followed Vodafone's complaints process first).

Good luck

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gwilymsion - It’s not good to hear the experience you’re having, which has resulted in you leaving us.

We want to help and take ownership of anything that’s not resolved.

So that we can do this, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@bedstuy - I’m sorry to hear that your PAC, seems to have expired earlier than it should have done.

We can feedback the way you’ve been spoken to and investigate all of this further.

Please follow the steps in this private message, with how to get in touch with us. 

The PAC expiring  before the 30days stipulated by OFCOM was only a minor detail of my complaints, and by focusing on that I believe you are seeking to minimise my legitimate grievances with your company. It is typical of Vodafone staff to devote their energies to self-justifications and evasions, and then direct me to another time-consuming online form to fill out, rather than actually fix the problem. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bedstuy We'd be more than happy to look into your query, however as it involves account specific details we're unable to do this over our Community page - this is why @Gemma has sent a private message.

This puts you in direct contact with our team, where we can then safely access your account and assist, once the form has been completed by yourself. 

You’ve ‘helped’ quite enough I think. 

After I’ve received the transcripts and audio recordings of phone calls I will take legal advice whether not I need contact the police. Ownership will be yours at that point.

donnyguy

See... this is what I find really strange.

You both state you have ongoing problems with Vodafone.

You both get contacted by the eForum team who are offering to send you a private message in order to take your issues offline for investigation (as you really don't want account specific information being discussed on a public forum).

You both refuse this offer.

So forgive me but I really don't understand why you'd complain on here and then take offense when the team offer to help you further. It makes me think you're not looking for a resolve.

Procedures have been followed, complaints presented and investigated. You’ve failed to resolve my problems 4 times and each time I give you an opportunity you mess that up too! 

Views proffered on here by myself should not be seen as complaining as you have proven to me that you can’t deal with complaints.  I share my experiences openly with others so that others can do the same, which they have. Views and responses to views will be collated and presented as evidence. 

And I like others feel that as a valued customer that I should not fill in forms and beg Vodafone to contact with offer of resolution,  nor wait 48hrs for a manager to call me to discuss my issues when the customer service person hasn’t even logged the complaint/ call request.