Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incompetent staff unable to switch off my extra data

GreggyGregGreg
4: Newbie

I needed an extra 1GB for this month only for £6. So I used the online chat thing to get the data switched off from next month. Unfortunately he's switched it off for this month too. When I challenged him he reinstated the data, but also charged me again.

Then I emailed and explained the issue, but they made exactly the same error. So now next month's direct debit is showing £56 when it should be showing £38.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I can see why you would be unimpressed. 

My advice is to call Customer Services on 191 to get this sorted.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I would rather keep communications in writing. I hope you understand my reasons why. If I call 191 would I be speaking to British-based staff, or are they foreigners too? 

I would rather keep communications in writing. I hope you understand my reasons why. If I call 191 would I be speaking to British-based staff, or are they foreigners too? 

They should tell you when you first obtain extra how to remove it! It seems easy to get extra data, but not to remove it

AnnS

Hi @GreggyGregGreg

It depends how the extra was added, when you are close to the limit, Vodafone often send a text offering the extra with a short code number to opt out when you no longer needed the extra on a monthly basis.

However, try the online account way, it will be quicker and better than depending on Customer Servicers to have done the job.

I notice you have the 1GB data, there is a 2GB data extra on the link in my first reply, it may cost an £4.00 but you get more for your money and easy to remove and add.

63johnw

Hi @GreggyGregGreg to add to what the others have said, as soon as you cancel the add on so it doesn't roll over you lose that data so it's best to cancel the day before your monthly renewal date.

I have suffered from this, in my opinion, unfair practice as you have paid for the data do should keep it no matter when you cancel within your monthly billing cycle.

The text did not tell me how to switch the data off! It also seems that I have to wait until the end of the month before switching it off

When you cancel the Pack any remaining Data not used is removed as well.

Here is where it mentions on how to add remove it, as well as mentioning that remaining Data is removed.

Data Extras

There was a another post relating to Data and cancellation.

Extra Data 

That's absolutely ridiculous you have to opt out the day before! And the staff should have explained that rather than just claiming they've followed my request. I feel a complaint to OffCom coming up