Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Inconsistency

k1984
4: Newbie

Hello,

i have been with Vodafone for more than 10 years-have had many an issue but generally they are sorted out the higher up the chain things are escalated.

my contract expires and I spoke to a member of retentions via live chat at the weekend. She was helpful, informative but the offer she gave (40% from the advertised rate) was still higher than sky mobile. 

i recontacted live chat today and the advisor couldn’t have been less helpful. He stated that the offers and discounts given at the weekend wouldn’t be available now. I asked him what the best offer was and he quoted me a price (identical to the advertised price).

on asking if there was any loyalty or retention deal he said no.  I asked to be passed to a supervisor and was told they don’t have any supervisors. I asked for the chat to be emailed and he said that option is available when I leave the chat. I left - no option to email the chat.

Just as a point - when I just signed in and clicked “upgrade” the price given was better than what he offered.

i left the chat feeling like a total mug - anyone else had issues like this? Or was I that unlucky that I got this advisor?

further, are there any of the Vodafone team able to assist?

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @k1984 

My suggestion for people who are after an upgrade deal is to ring 191 and choose the Thinking of Leaving option to speak to Retentions.

Sometimes asking for a Pac stirs Vodafone's interest as that shows your willing to leave even if it's a bluff :Winking_smiley:

Retentions will try and keep you as a Vodafone customer and offer what they are allowed to.

But if a person is after a newly released phone or a flagship phone or iPhone then deals may not be as good.

Alternatively a person could go sim only which may yield better tariffs.

Some people take out an upgrade with an independent or open up a new contract with an independent such as Carphone Warehouse and then go through the process to end the original contract but move over their current mobile number to the newly opened contract before the original contract ends. i.e Moving to Vodafone Payg which takes 30 days or Pac to another Uk Network on Payg and then top up and make some calls etc and then Pac from the other network back to your new Vodafone contract.

It is a process that needs to be followed very carefully.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.