cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Default on Credit File - how to request removal?

Iona2703
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. I've just been declined for a credit card due to a default on a 'settled' account.  I called and cancelled my Vodafone account in October, and settled the account.  After this i moved house but was (unkown to me) sent bills for a dongle associated on the account - which to my knowledge i had terminated, and settled in full.  

After being made aware only when my parents (at the old address) saw the debt collection agency mail, i called and spoke to Vodafone to dispute, however after being told i would be called back by a manager, heard no more.

I immediately settled the account with debt collection agency as it was just a few pounds, and not worth the hassle of disputing with them.  I was dismayed to be turned down for a credit card today, and on further investigation there is a default on my account from vadafone.   It should at the least be showing as settled, although i wish to dispute it's appearance at all.  Can someone please advise how to contact the credit file support team?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Iona2703 I'm sorry to hear this.
So we can take a look into what's happened in more depth, please follow the instructions I've sent via private message with details on how to get in touch.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Iona2703

Totally understand and appreciate how damaging a Default can be.

Once the debt is paid then the status of the default changes from Outstanding to Settled but would remain on the Credit File if warranted for 6 years. 

The Credit File Team are not generally customer facing so you would need to speak with Customer service on 191 from a Vodafone Sim card or ring them on their landline or use Live Chat. 

Info in > contact-us.

Default-on-your-Credit-File-And-How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

The Notice of Correction would only be applicable if the default isn't 100% warranted. 

Experian can help too. 

We do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts so you could wait until they catch up with your thread. 

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Iona2703 I'm sorry to hear this.
So we can take a look into what's happened in more depth, please follow the instructions I've sent via private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks for the responses - have managed to contact the team directly via the info on the private message and it looks like being resolved amicably! :Smiling: 

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

@Iona2703,

Thanks for coming back and updating us. Do please update again when you have successfully had the default removed, so that we can quote this post as an example of a resolution when others ask the same question in the future.