Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect Refund Cheque Details

Venn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My wife has only just (as at 28 Nov 20) received a refund cheque from Vodafone. She closed her account in July 2017and it is in the name of her previous marriage but I believe she had by then updated her account with her new surname. Who does she contact to get the correct details recorded and a refund cheque made out in her correct name so that it can be cashed?

4 REPLIES 4

hrym
17: Community Champion

As there's no account access via the forum and this isn't something that can probably be resolved quickly by frontline customer services, I'd suggest dropping the Social Media team a note on Facebook or Twitter.  Make sure they know you she hasn't (I assume) got a current number for them to send a verification code to.   They'll be able to escalate the matter the the relevant department, who can take her through the information they need to confirm her details.

Thanks, since been told - eventually by Customer Care, that the only solution is to visit local store with Personal ID who apparently will take back the cheque and issue a cash refund; it's been a recurring issue of which Vodafone is aware I'm told!!

One can but hope,

hrym

Fingers crossed someone's told the shops that.  It wouldn't be the first time Customer Services have said shops will do something they know nothing about 😡.

Hi @Venn 👋 I believe the stores may not be able to help you with this so I do apologise if this is what you have been advised, if your wife can contact us by clicking here and we will be able to send the correct details to the team so we can get the cheque updated, sorry again for any confusion.