Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

International Extra: Actual costs?

GeoffPG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a new Pay Montly Vodafone user and am looking at the Vodafone International extra. For £5 a month it offers 'up to 97%' off the cost of international calls. But when is the cost discounted by 97% and when isn't it? How much are calls actually discounted by?

12 REPLIES 12

chistery
16: Advanced member

Ok, was just going to say the new red entertainment plans with 500 mins of EU calls included may be useful if those are the countrioes you are calling regularly.

Getafix

@chistery wrote:

Ok, was just going to say the new red entertainment plans with 500 mins of EU calls included may be useful if those are the countrioes you are calling regularly.

And add the international Pack to it and you have calls to the rest of the World Covered.

"And add the international Pack to it and you have calls to the rest of the World Covered."

There's an old song: 'There's a hole in my bucket dear Lisa, dear Lisa...' which works through how the hole can be fixed but it eventually comes back to needing a bucket. 'But there's a hole in my bucket ...'

The International Pack is the bucket and we;ve come full circle back to it. But there's a hole in it for Pay Monthly customers. But I've now had another chat with Vodafone and had it confirmed that on the Extra 100 and Extra 500, calls cost 10p per minute once the minutes have been used up and do not revert to the standard rate as stated in the T&Cs.  My chatee took my account details and said he/she would escalate the discrepancy between the main website (10p per min) and the T&Cs (Standard rates). So I asked him/her to also escalate my earlier discussion, about the International package not being available to as many countries for Pay Monthly dustomers as for PAYG customers. So I think my work here is done. I will look out for an improved International package and will sign up for it when it's available. In the meantime, I think the Extra 500 is my best solution. Thanks to everyone who has chipped in to this discussion.