Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is WiFi calling from UK to Europe free?

Rictaube
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been told that calling an Italian mobile from an English mobile is £1/min however with a bolt on (£4/month) it would cost 10p/min. However if I use WiFi calling Fromm UK (on WiFi) to an Italian mobile which is on another network - will it cost me?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Rictaube

WiFi calling is not free, you will be charged the same as you would making the call directly through the network.  The advisor has recommended the extra international minutes details here:  Pay monthly Extras

You will be able to find the cost for calling an Italian mobile number from this link :Calling abroad from the UK

Hope this helps.

jeffkinn

If you use a data based calling app like Whatsapp, BT smart talk or Skype you can call for free on Wifi as you wouldn't be using the Vodafone network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

chistery
16: Advanced member

Or there's the new Red Entertainment plans, that come with 500 minutes to mobiles and landlines in 31 destinations.

donnyguy

Or if you're not on one of the new packages that include calls to Europe, check out: http://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/calling-abroad-from-the-uk/?cid=rdr-1202-01

You can get 100 minutes to Italian landlines or mobiles for £3 or 500 for £7,50

Not bad :Thumbs_Up: