cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is it possible to move my number and cancel my contract?

s93
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've just been on the phone to vodafone and they have told me that if I cancel my contract that I won't be able to keep my number because of company policy.. I took out a SIM only contract on the 17th August and I would like to cancel, but it seems vodafone don't want me to have my number too! I'm quite annoyed about this, is there any way I can keep my number? 

I'd like to find a solution ASAP as I just want to move back to EE now. I will never deal with vodafone again after this.

Any help would be massively appreciated. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@s93 wrote:

Hi,

I know that it isn't my number, and I don't believe it's a new number to me as I ported it in from EE.

Sam

In that case @s93, as this was a number you ported in from EE, as @jeffkinn has written Vodafone should have no excuse for refusing to give a PAC code.

If you have any problems getting the code from Customer Services, give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to make sure you are able to keep your EE number.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

jeffkinn

You have to ask for a PAC code and then you give this code to your new network. This transfers the number to your new contract and closes the old Vodafone contract. Look here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/help-and-information/cancel-your-account

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi, 

I did ask for my PAC code but the advisor said that he could not give it to me as I was not at the end of my contract and it is company policy to only give the PAC at the end of the contract.

Sam

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

That is not correct.

You have to pay the Early Termination Fee. Usually that is added to your Final Bill. Sometimes they can ask you to pay it upfront.

Just wondering how long have you got to contract end?

I believe that my contract ends around the 17th August 2019. I'm still in my 30 day guarantee period, and according to live chat it should only cost me line rental to cancel.

Sam

AnnS

Hi @s93

You can ask for a PAC code at any time paying the early termination charges, but as you only agreed the SIM only contract on the 17th August you are cancelling in the first 30 days under the 30 day network guarantee and I suspect this may be the reason for you being unable to port the number to an alternative network using a PAC code.

Vodafone give customers the option of trying the network for 30 days and if the customer is not happy Vodafone will cancel the contract without penalty and any questions asked.

There is further information on this for you here:  The Vodafone Network Satisfaction Guarantee

If you cancel now Vodafone will charge for the time you have had the contract and there may be a credit due back to you, keep you direct debit open until you receive the final bill with a 0.00 balance, this will be your confirmation that anything owing has been paid and any credit due back to you put into your bank account.

@s93

If this was a number you ported in to a new SIM only contract Vodafone should give you a PAC code to enable you to keep the number.  However, not sure when it's a new contract with a new number.

Hi,

So I don't understand - Vodafone will let me leave but they won't let me take my number with me? Isn't that a bit of a con?

If I cancel will I still be able to keep my number? If not, why?

Sam

jeffkinn
First of all it isn't your number. Technically it's their number. If you're in the 30 day cooling off period,isn't it a new number to you?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Hi,

I know that it isn't my number, and I don't believe it's a new number to me as I ported it in from EE.

Sam

AnnS

@s93 wrote:

Hi,

Sam

In that case @s93, as this was a number you ported in from EE, as @jeffkinn has written Vodafone should have no excuse for refusing to give a PAC code.

If you have any problems getting the code from Customer Services, give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to make sure you are able to keep your EE number.