Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Is my phone insured or not?

schmic
1: Seeker

When I tooki out my contract for a 2nd phone for my wife, I was sure I had added phone insurance (as she has lost phones previously). However, now when checking I cannot see the insurance as listed (as she has now left her phone on a train). I've blocked the SIM, but will want to claim for a replacement phone.

Am I able to request the 'paperwor' that I orinially signed to see if this was included or not?

Or how else can I find whether I am paying for this but it isn't listed?

Thanks

Schmic

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @schmic

If you have been paying for insurance it will be itemised on your monthly bill.

However, if you contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels, they will be able to look at your account and confirm if you have added insurance.

Depending on the account you have with your bank you may have mobile phone insurance and indeed some household insurance offers mobile phone loss but unless you like the idea of increased premiums it is never recommended to claim on household insurance for mobile phone loss. 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @schmic

Have you blocked the imei of the phone too ?

The team here can help once they've caught up with your thread or contact Customer Service on 191 or Live Chat who can access your account to help.

Household contents insurance is fine to claim against if the phone is covered under the insurance.

After all that's what insurance is for  :Winking_smiley:

This would most likely include an excess fee and slightly push up your next renewal premium.

It might be worth using any tracking software like findmyiphone / findmysamsung etc if you haven't blocked the phone yet and call the trains lost and found Department and or the relevant train stations.as someone may have handed it in.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@schmic You'll find your insurance listed on your bill if you did have it on your account, as mentioned by @AnnS. You can access your bills online on My Vodafone or on our My Vodafone app. Fingers crossed you did have it added 🤞 If there's anything else we can help with at all, please do let us know.