Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Issues with Google Play, bill to Vodafone account

Hordriss
5: Helper

I'm posting here pretty much as a last resort, as phoning Customer Services was useless.

I'm trying to purchase FL Studio Mobile on the Play store, using my preferred billing method of billing to my account. 

However, it's declining the payment, telling me I've exceeded my spend limit. Vodafone have assured me there are no previous charges for my current billing cycle, that I have a total spending limit of £200 and a single transaction limit of £30.   So, an app purchase of £13.49 should not be getting declined. To test, I did purchase another app at £0.49, and this went through without issue.

Has anybody else had, and managed to resolve, a similar issue? 

26 REPLIES 26

Hordriss
5: Helper

Whilst this does confirm my suspicion that the person I was speaking with was clueless, it still renders the declined payment a mystery. 

To add to my annoyance, after giving less than flattering feedback on the text survey, I was told I'd get a call to discuss my feedback.  Of course they call when most people (myself included) are at work, so I can't actually speak to them.  And calling the number back just gets a recorded message.

So I did speak to someone today, who said they'd look into the issue and something else. Funnily enough the person  I spoke to at the weekend didn't refer my issue to the technical team as promised.

The person I spoke today promised me a call back at 5.30pm.  Guess what, 7pm and still no call.  I've tried calling on the number and now nobody is answering. 

Poor service. Complete failure to carry out agreed actions. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you've not received your callback as requested @Hordriss. If you'd like us to take a look into this for you, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I sent 😊

Really helpful, a private message saying I can't be helped here as my issue is account specific and to call customer services.  I made it very clear on my previous message I tried calling the 01709 number and got no response.  There's no point calling 191. They're useless. I may as well talk to a shoe. 

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Hordriss

@Mark would have sent you a PM to take your account specific thread of the forum with an offer to bring you into the forum Team for support.

You need to follow the instructions in the PM, there is a link, when you click on the link a form will open for you to complete with your details to pass DPA.  You also need to put the routing code of 3 letters and 3 numbers in the subject heading without any spaces or the emailed reply will bounce.  Within minutes you will receive an automated reply looking similar to #123456, you need to put the number on the thread for the Team to pick up your email.

I've followed the instructions exactly, and did so yesterday evening.  I did not get the automated response it said I would get.

I may as well give up now.  On this route at least.

I will be calling the number back on my lunch break and I feel a little bit sorry for whoever picks up the phone because I am appalled at Vodafone's inability to do anything they've promised to do.

AnnS

@Hordriss

Try clearing your cookies and try again from an alternative browser.  Google Chrome seems to work well with Vodafone.

You need to use the routing code to the Team in the subject heading without any spaces and only complete the data protection information asked.  As soon as you receive the automated reply, pop the number on the thread.

I was using Chrome already, and followed the instructions carefully.  The system apparently works as well as Vodafone's alleged "customer services".

It doesn't matter now, I'm going to call and frankly give them hell.  What bugs me is promises being made and not followed up.  I'm not going to accept it.